What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Re-Sign Dufty

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons Re-Sign Dufty
Wed 27th July, 05:30PM
A A

The St George Illawarra Dragons on Wednesday announced the re-signing of National Youth Competition team fullback Matt Dufty until at least the end of 2018.

The local Penshurst RSL junior is a former graduate of the Club’s High Performance Unit who was invited to train alongside the first-grade squad during the 2016 pre-season.

Dufty, 20, has scored 17 tries this season and has additionally featured for the Illawarra Cutters in the NSW Cup as well as the NSW U20 squad.

“I am really pleased to have re-signed with the Dragons and be able to continue my development with the club I have supported since a child,” said Dufty.

“I have played all my lower-grade football here and feel that I am now one step closer to achieving my goal of someday playing first-grade for the Club.”

Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward is pleased by the local junior’s decision to remain at the Dragons.

“It is great to see an exciting local junior such as Matt make the decision to continue his career development as a Dragon," said Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward.

“Matt has progressed through our junior systems, having started in our HPU squad before elevating to the NYC ranks and earning representative recognition along the way.

“He is a talented and diligent young player who we believe has a bright future here at the Dragons.”

Dufty joins fellow National Youth Competition teammate Reuben Garrick (2018), Patrick Herbert (2018) and Hame Sele (2018) in securing his future with the Club in recent weeks.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/07/27/dragons_re_sign_duft.html

P.S Well done to the club for getting this right.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Well done Matt Dufty!

I for one will be keen to see you succeed and will continue to support and cheer you on!

Now for Luciano Leilua to follow suit and we will have a solid core group coming thru together.

#futuredragons

John moz

Juniors
Good signing now lets use him has shown plenty is a nrl player should be the no1 next year .

Old Timer

Coach
One thing to sign him another thing to use him in 1st grade just ask Hutch.

I think this kid has got plenty to offer I just hope we can bring the best out in him.

If Dufty was around 09 -11 as an aspiring young player we would have seen him mature nicely unfortunately today we don't have a roster, coach or environment to assist him so he will have to do most of it on his own unless of course we get a real coach.

Minh

First Grade
Mary should have some guts and give this kid a shot soon. There is nothing to lose and who knows what might come of it although he is small so was Matt Bowen and to a lesser extent Billy Slater....

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Mary is so desperate to turn things around that he is reading this Forum for inspiration and guidance and is encouraging his offsiders to do the same. Keep the good work up Forum Diehards.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Mary should have some guts and give this kid a shot soon. There is nothing to lose and who knows what might come of it although he is small so was Matt Bowen and to a lesser extent Billy Slater....
Years and years ago I used to go bushwalking with a club and on one walk a young bloke named Jonathan Docking came along. Honestly he looked that small and thin I never pictured him playing league, but he made Cronullas first grade side that year and ended up representing the state. He did alright, Dufty can too.