Dragons sign Korbin Sims

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by TruSaint, Jul 18, 2018.

1. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

I believe Korbin is a massive improvement on LAM, he was arguably Broncos best before he got injured which would have had him in contention for a Qld spot IMO. The fact they grew up in the Illawarra region qualifies them as local juniors as far as I'm concerned. Many didn't think Tariq would be a good signing either, but like Tariq, Korbin will be a great buy, we just have to get someone to replace Lats on the bench & we will be complete.

2. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

So there goes our speed.
    Lomax to centre.

3. Belta

Belta Juniors

Possum said;

“Both Dufty and Field need to bulk up substantially if either are to be our fullback. In my humble opinion it is Lomax that looks most likely to be our long term fullback.”

—————————————————

Happy for Dufty to still be our FB, but I’m not 100% sold. I think he drifts in and out of some games. We need to have confidence and security at the back. The great fullbacks consistently contest bombs and put their bodies on the line. Dufty has got some ways to go in a few of those departments.

4. 2010

2010 Juniors

I watched the Broncos game and noticed that Sims played long minutes. He more then handled the panthers forwards and think we have got a good first grader with him. With the bunch of forwards the Broncos have I feel he has made a good decision to leave them.

5. The calm one

The calm one Juniors

Korben would have watched his brother, Vaughn, JDB etc last night and would have been drooling at the mouth. Watch him next year with our pack behind him. You will see a different and vastly improved footballer. Buy of the year

6. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

When we signed Tariq I thought he'd be solid depth and would see a bit of game time without setting the world on fire for us. Fast forward a couple seasons and he's been by far and away our best player this year. If we had 12 more of him the premiership would be ours.

To be quite honest, my opinion of Korbin is nowhere near that of Tariq. Watching the odd Broncos game over the past few seasons he really hasn't struck me as a dominator, not much more than a toiler with a few errors in him. I wouldn't be signing him on that despite the nice notion of him teaming up with his brother. Certainly not professing to be the best judge but I am really not convinced this is a move in the right direction. Hopefully, I am wrong like I was about his brother.

Now we just need Ruan to make it a complete sibling set to wear the Red V. Unfortunately she got signed up by the Roosters and after today she wont be ruing that call...

Frank Facer likes this.
  7. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

If l was Korbin, l would of inserted a ‘McGregor’ clause into my contract.

If McGregor is sacked, l’ll play for less.

8. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Broncos playing poorly tonight but Korbin looks good. Scored a great try too

getsmarty and Warabrook saint like this.
  9. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Korbin with a double!

nontime111, getsmarty and The Damo like this.
  10. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Juniors

But someone here told me Korbin was a terrible signing, couldn't play footy and was mean to puppies........or something like that?

11. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

People said Vaughan and Tariq were dud buys too.

12. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Almost got a triple before half time, 50/50 call too

13. redV06

redV06 Juniors

Looking at him tonight, I wouldn't mind that sort of impact coming off the bench..

14. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Juniors

Mate, that Canberra reserve grader and Newcastle reject will never amount to anything

15. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

He is playing very well tonight , good to see that brawn can overcome looks.

getsmarty likes this.
  16. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

At least he’s playing well because without him the broncos wouldn’t be on the board

17. Dragsters

Dragsters Juniors

He's a passionate and agressive player that can clearly bring energy off the bench as he has tonight.

Let's hope donning that mighty red V, he can build on this and bring it consistently as his brother has done...

18. Belta

Belta Juniors

We may score a few in the forwards in 2019 with Vaughan, Tariq and now Korbin all dangerous close to the line.

getsmarty likes this.
  19. 2010

2010 Juniors

I have watched the last two times and thought Sims has played pretty good. His defence is good and he showe in attack he is good also and has gotten a pass away so I think he will out quite well. He also has played long minutes which is a bonus.
    Looking forward to see how he goes with us

Gareth67, nontime111 and getsmarty like this.
  20. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Korbin once again a standout in a losing team

dragonssamy61 likes this.