What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

thebigredv

First Grade
Webb said board will meet tomorrow.
Club sanctions .
Wonder if that will include suspensions or fines.

What would a suspension actually do but hit the innocent parties? If they decide to move some of these players on that will be the best result but let them play for us now.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Well they didn’t miss. Wonder if the club will now reconsider Vaughan’s extra year option he recently activated. Assuming 8 games is the rest of the season?
Suspensions spread across 4 games allows us at least some hope of fielding competitive sides.Wondering if we can appeal these penalties or is it done and dusted?
Such a disappointing thing to happen for those blokes to flout the restrictions and now the rest of the squad and long suffering fans will be left with it.
Only positive I can see, other than the boys learning what not to do, is the chance for some young guns and fringe players to get a run in the big show.

jeffdragon

Bench
Alvaro and Ellis can be replaced any day of the week with Burns/Poasa/Ford/JHunt. Not much lost there.

I am happy we can let Sloan replace Dufty and we have two better options than Norman in Amone/Sullivan.

It's going to hurt but we can still name a competitive side. However I think this goes deeper and the eight looks out of reach.
Sullivan might still be injured.
and faamausulli he's been named but hasn't played.
Maybe also inj.
Ellis not in first grade.

thebigredv

First Grade
Big decision now is do we gamble and stand everyone down for the manly game and then concentrate on the rest of the season with a full compliment of players bar Vaughn.

Tough decision for Hook. I would gamble and do it.

Can't.

It is a minimum 2 weeks spread, Max 4.

So you can probably do this a few ways:

Full strength teams v ManlyR18 and SouthsR20
Field weaker teams v TitansR19 and RaidersR21

or vice versa where we just basically weaken the team for the two harder matches.

I think Hook will not go about it that way and will probably take each game on its merit and positional matches.

I am assuming he can pick and choose but NRL may have placed restrictions we are not aware of.

jeffdragon

Bench
Tactically it makes sense to get as much of the suspensions out early and move on.

Have the most and best of the 13 serve suspensions. Vaughan can play against Manly and see what he was responsible for.
Cant has to be a minimum of two weeks.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Like Webb's statement, he didn't mince his words and acknowledged the fans. He mentioned the pain of the 20 weeks suspension so I doubt they will go that route.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they terminated the contracts of Vaughan, Norman & JDB for bringing the game & club in to disrepute. All 3 have previous history in this area.
I feel the club needs to make a stand in order to fix the poor culture.

Maddragon99

Juniors
No points deduction which I guess is a bonus.

I’m more interested on who wasn’t there. Hunt, Sims & McCullough would have all been waiting for SOO Camp. No Ravalawa perhaps he’s not part of the clique.

Also no kids, Ramsey, Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, Feagai’s etc. Looks like the younger players have more respect for the Club, Sponsors & Fans.

I’m absolutely disgusted you honestly can’t make this stuff up.

BLM01

First Grade
Well they didn’t miss. Wonder if the club will now reconsider Vaughan’s extra year option he recently activated. Assuming 8 games is the rest of the season?
Suspensions spread across 4 games allows us at least some hope of fielding competitive sides.Wondering if we can appeal these penalties or is it done and dusted?
Such a disappointing thing to happen for those blokes to flout the restrictions and now the rest of the squad and long suffering fans will be left with it.
Only positive I can see, other than the boys learning what not to do, is the chance for some young guns and fringe players to get a run in the big show.
5 days to reply on the breach notices

BLM01

First Grade
Big decision now is do we gamble and stand everyone down for the manly game and then concentrate on the rest of the season with a full compliment of players bar Vaughn.

Tough decision for Hook. I would gamble and do it.
We cant, supesnsions cant go on 1 game, spread out from a minimum of 2 games, max of 4
Its punishing the club and fans more than the players.
Suspend all for 1 game I could of lived with that sacrificing just 2 points
Its another roundabout way of docking points of us if you look who we play in the next 4 games, minus Rav for 3 and Vaughan for the season

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
Did the Dogs players get a ban? I don't think they did but they missed the match due to needing to isolate I think. Double standards right there but we saw it coming e.g Magic Round, Frizell touching the ref etc.

Not even close to a double standard. The Dogs players and Dugan broke protocol, but not also during a state imposed lock down. The fact they were required to self isolate for 14 days negated the need for the NRL to have to impose a suspension.

If anything, the fact that the suspensions can be over numerous weeks is a joke. Who has ever heard of that?

Latest posts