What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs tigers

dragonreddy

Juniors
Honestly I sometimes wonder whether some people are watching the same side I am. Blind optimism is the only justification for tipping us to beat the Tigers based on recent results. In the form we are in, we will be lucky to win 1 or 2 more games this season. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I fear those wins during origin against weakened or tired opponents will prove to be very misleading.

Totally agree with you, i have stated on here a number of times some people see the team as they wish it would be, not how they are playing in reality.

Reading through a list of our victories this year is hardly awe inspiring stuff.

All the talk about nearly winning is ridiculous you either win or you lose.

Expectation of top 8 finish = Delusion.

TheRev

First Grade
Mate if we are worried about the Tigers being in top gear then we should be petrified with the teams above them.....
Tigers just put the Dogs who have been in red hot form to the absolute sword.. young guns killing it.. a few weeks back there were calls for Potters job.. just unfortunate timing as always..

Not as worried about Penrith or Canberra, I mean they might both beat us but they dont frighten me more than any other team (bar sharks/newcastle), I would have said that about the Tigers a few weeks ago.. NRL teams form comes and goes.. Tigers are up right now.

blacksafake

First Grade
This could be one of those games where either side could win 38-32 or 26-6.
Their forwards have really stood up at times this year especially against the dogs & manly.If our pack can match them we may have too much experience in the backs for them I hope.
PS Mary put the Duges back to where he belongs.

dino2170

Juniors
get rid of green get rid of green get rid of green get rid of green get rid of green
get rid of green get rid of green get rid of green get rid of green get rid of green

TheRev

First Grade
As a fanatical Green hater, im not 'as upset' about him on the bench as a 2nd rower who can cover a backline position if needed.. not as upset as I was seeing him as a centre.

His hands/temprament have definitely improved, and 2nd row is his only real position, id like to see him play all year for the Cutters at a minimum.. having said that I would have much rather they had kept Vidot as a 2nd Rower instead, I thought he might have some x-factor up there if he could build the stamina.

GT0007

Juniors
Mate if we are worried about the Tigers being in top gear then we should be petrified with the teams above them.....

Tigers flogged the dogs who were coming 1st, Manly flogged the Tigers and beat the roosters, Roosters flogged the Panthers, Sharks beat the Roosters and the Broncos. The competition is very even and we are capable of beating any team on our day. I do hope we break the Canberra hoodoo this year

GT0007

Juniors
As a fanatical Green hater, im not 'as upset' about him on the bench as a 2nd rower who can cover a backline position if needed.. not as upset as I was seeing him as a centre.

His hands/temprament have definitely improved, and 2nd row is his only real position, id like to see him play all year for the Cutters at a minimum.. having said that I would have much rather they had kept Vidot as a 2nd Rower instead, I thought he might have some x-factor up there if he could build the stamina.

I agree that Vidot could have made a good backrower based on size and strength, dont know what his defense or work rate might have been. I'm glad for Green he's been moved to the backrow but I don't see him being a fixture in the NRL squad anytime soon. With Mez and Friz due back soon there won't be room. As I said in a previous post he had some attitude in the Cutters and seemed to man up so he could develop especially with another off season or 2. May develop into a Creagh type

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dylan Farrell named in the NSW Cup side. He was tipped to come back to first grade weeks ago.

Hope springs eternal but Dugan should be fullback and Farrell to the centres.

jenninga

First Grade
I agree that Vidot could have made a good backrower based on size and strength, dont know what his defense or work rate might have been. I'm glad for Green he's been moved to the backrow but I don't see him being a fixture in the NRL squad anytime soon. With Mez and Friz due back soon there won't be room. As I said in a previous post he had some attitude in the Cutters and seemed to man up so he could develop especially with another off season or 2. May develop into a Creagh type

Vidot is crap defensively,and Green just doesn't have the strength to be an effective backrower.
I actually would like to see Matthews as a wide runner,big and rangey and is skilful enough to offload.

GT0007

Juniors
Vidot is crap defensively,and Green just doesn't have the strength to be an effective backrower.
I actually would like to see Matthews as a wide runner,big and rangey and is skilful enough to offload.

Matthews has grown on me under Macgregor. He's looking powerful and pulls off the odd good hit

dragonreddy

Juniors
Matthews has grown on me under Macgregor. He's looking powerful and pulls off the odd good hit

I think the fact that he is playing for a contract might have a bit more to do with it than anything to do with McGregor, except the fact that he is in the 17 more than when Priceless was coach(if you could call him that), he has some good attributes but can give away a penalty seems to lack agility in clearing the tackled player, though he can hit .

GT0007

Juniors
I think the fact that he is playing for a contract might have a bit more to do with it than anything to do with McGregor, except the fact that he is in the 17 more than when Priceless was coach(if you could call him that), he has some good attributes but can give away a penalty seems to lack agility in clearing the tackled player, though he can hit .

I think the coach having some faith in him and knowing if he plays well will cement a spot in the 17 & earn a contract may be more accurate. I also think the team playing better helps. I should've said since Mary but now that you brought it to my attention I'm thinking this would not be happening under Price so Mary should get some of the credit. We also don't know what instructions he gets from the new coach

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
Anybody from the cutters. Has to be reason why they are coming 3rd at the moment.

The Cutters have been lucky as most weeks they have a lot of our fringe players but as I'm sure you also know more than 1/2 there squad aren't signed to the Dragons and are ineligible. O'Brien looks likely but only recently training with the top squad and I'm sure they have fitness, speed and strength tests to tell when he's ready. It's a big step from NSW Cup otherwise we could just swap the whole team and run 3rd ourselves

Latest posts