What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to break NRL Points Record

Walpole

Juniors
Don't be a supporter that runs scared - shout out loud while you can my friend - whilst your team is on top of the tree smashing everyone in sight because it may not last forever - even though I do believe we are top 4 certs.. Nothing worst than a supporter that comes out of the woodwork during the semis.. I hate those types - there seems to be plenty in here like that!!
There is one thing worse...those that are only around when we're losing.

hazzbeen

Bench
w

Yo

u can't seriously compare that pile of shit last year w Mcrone at halfback to this years team .. JDB is the most feared forward in the comp Fullstop!! He's gone up a notch as has half the team plus add Hunt, Graham and a fullback that scores tries.. There's no comparison to the rubble that led the comp at round 7. Plus we were averaging 22 points last year compRed to 34 this year .. Your comparing chalk and cheese..
There is a different feel to the team this year I'll say that and like I said hope we brake all records . For me it will be how we bounce back from a loss . Anyway Mickey if your right I'll buy you a beer .

Noraa

Juniors
Mickey consider a team such as Melbourne , they play percentage football with great defence and real speed on the wings and a tough pack of forwards . We will not be scoring big against them , nor the rorters and for that matter even the Rabbits followed by the Sharks .

This weekend shall be the beginning of a very hard slog for the Dragons ,we will be earning every point that we score In those games . I , like each of us will be most pleased if we can come away with more wins than losses against those sides . And if we can continue to score at the rate that we have in the last few weeks , which was against mistake proned opposition , then I would be even more pleased and also then be able to agree with you .

But not now , as it is still far , far too early . The Dragons are the benchmark for other teams now , we have a huge target on our backs and every team will be gunning for us .
Mickey consider a team such as Melbourne , they play percentage football with great defence and real speed on the wings and a tough pack of forwards . We will not be scoring big against them , nor the rorters and for that matter even the Rabbits followed by the Sharks .

This weekend shall be the beginning of a very hard slog for the Dragons ,we will be earning every point that we score In those games . I , like each of us will be most pleased if we can come away with more wins than losses against those sides . And if we can continue to score at the rate that we have in the last few weeks , which was against mistake proned opposition , then I would be even more pleased and also then be able to agree with you .

But not now , as it is still far , far too early . The Dragons are the benchmark for other teams now , we have a huge target on our backs and every team will be gunning for us .[/QUOTE.

We’ll sai I agree 100%

possm

Coach
Not a loose statement ... Based on facts thus far and the draw we have I can see us racking up some massive scores and maintaining our current average of 34 points a game .. We have an unbelievable attacking team that can score at will...
If we scored over 800 points in a season we would finish top of the ladder and be favourites to win the comp!

We all want the Dragons to win.

Some of us have had our feely feels hurt in the past by a team that has promised us it loves us, even shown us a few a times during a 26 week period.

But even when the relationship started so promisingly, the first four weeks there were flowers and chocolates, but by weeks 7-8 the wheels started to fall off, there was the occasional comment about how fat we looked, how we’d let ourselves go, how it was all our fault we lost to a team coming last.

And sure, sometimes in the middle of the relationship, say weeks 14-17 it had all turned around, they promised us the abuse would never happen again, and sure there was chocolates and flowers again when they beat the team coming first, we thought our misery may be over, a corner had been turned in our relationship.

But it didn’t last, by week 20 it was all our fault they lost 30-0 to the Tigers, we had never supported them in the first place, it was our negative attitude that was bringing them down, they couldn’t live like this anymore, they wanted to see other supporters.

By week 26 the relationship was damaged beyond repair, there was too much name calling, to many things said in the heat of a crushing defeat, things that couldn’t be unsaid, ta many finals games we weren’t involved in.

So we vowed never to see each other again.

But then February came around and we started to think maybe they weren’t so bad, maybe this time it would be different,maybe they could change.
So we gave them another chance.

And it all started again so promisingly, the first four weeks there were flowers and chocolates....

ALSGI

Bench
Nice post mate, so true.

Does your missus know?
Mine does, she kinda worked it out when I ducked out at our wedding reception to listen to us playing the Steelers.
Marraige made in Heaven really.

mickeylane

Bench
So how many points do we need per game now ML?
Patience my friend - it will start w the Sharks again.. We had an off day on the attacking side yesterday but still would have scored 28 points if not for the 2 dissallowed tries which were both tries !

We need to average 32 points from now on in.. We are good for a couple 50 pointers still to lift the averages the a run of mid twenties then a few 30 jobs and Theres your average - relax.. We are smashing the he Comp - smile!!

JamesRustle

First Grade
I’m calling it now - the Dragons will break the NRL points scored in a season by a team during the 25 rounds which is 801 by Parra in early 2000s.
Average points per game needed ? 32!!
Those 801 points for didn't help them in the GF that year, so I don't care how many points we score in the H/A as long as we score more points than our opposition in each match played in Sep/Oct.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I would like to subscribe to this thread.

If there isn't a market for over/under on this then the bookmakers aren't doing their job.

Old Timer

Coach
It never takes long for the mickeylane curse to kick in.
Now he is predicting a big win against the Sharks.
FMD he likes putting extra weight in the toppies saddle bags I just hope the jockey is in the sauna.