What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Hull

tumbidragon

First Grade
He looks fitter than the last time I saw him play where he seemed to lumber around a bit, particularly laterally in defence.

Good signs for him but by the look of Mary's approach tonight he may be behind Latimore (understandably) and Allgood in the pecking order...
Hopefully he's gone up in Mary's estimations after tonight.

jeffdragon

Bench
Nene carried a bit of pud.
Lawrie sele host not for me.
Lomax looks good .
Even though no try ,lomax and co combined greatly in the last minute.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Without being a dick and grilling a player in a first hit out trial, I really think that we can do better than Lafai. He makes so many errors and he pushes that pass way too often. He does some good things but geez Id love a good solid centre that just hit the gaps hard and knew when to run and when to pass.
What options do we have to replace him?

We could bring back McCrone.
He covers all positions, right?

Seriously though, your correct in your assessment of Lafai.

Based on the previous season, he can't tackle or doesn't have the commitment.
The few times he scores a try of does something positive is far outweighed by the many times he does squat.
We should be looking to put someone else there and keeping Lafai as a backup.

I know its only the first game of the season but we all know his limitations.
With Dugan gone, we need him to step up but he won't cut the mustard.
Hope he proves me wrong but can't see it happening.

mickeylane

Bench
We could bring back McCrone.
He covers all positions, right?

Seriously though, your correct in your assessment of Lafai.

Based on the previous season, he can't tackle or doesn't have the commitment.
The few times he scores a try of does something positive is far outweighed by the many times he does squat.
We should be looking to put someone else there and keeping Lafai as a backup.

I know its only the first game of the season but we all know his limitations.
With Dugan gone, we need him to step up but he won't cut the mustard.
Hope he proves me wrong but can't see it happening.
This sounds a bit out there but I reckon Field could cover left centre - similar playing style to Brett Kenny when he was young and started playing centre at the Eels - big step, acceleration and good hands!

mickeylane

Bench
You’re an average poster
They are barely starting their 1st grade careers
Sims was very ordinary tonight but you say nothing?
Lomax is certainly a good footballer but hardly a gun on that performance.
I’m convinced you have no idea about rugby league! This is Hosts 3rd season in first grade - he is an AVERAGE 1st grade player and NOT improving - look at young second rowers in their 2nd season like Hess and Crighton! streets ahead of our plodders like Host and Sele.. Kerr on the other hand showed great promise and presence - but I guess you missed this?

Como Connection

First Grade
I’m convinced you have no idea about rugby league! This is Hosts 3rd season in first grade - he is an AVERAGE 1st grade player and NOT improving - look at young second rowers in their 2nd season like Hess and Crighton! streets ahead of our plodders like Host and Sele.. Kerr on the other hand showed great promise and presence - but I guess you missed this?
Kerr looked real good in the short time he was on.
Agree with your other comments also.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
24-18
I almost picked it. Only out by a country mile.

I had said ......... "As much as l dislike McGregor, I can only ever hope our team, wins.
I'm think a scoreline of around 28 - 16 in our favour." ..
from last Thursday.

Main thin is we won and hopefully no injuries.

Lol ! I don't know what part of the pineapple state you hail from OKB 1 , but 6 is not 12 and yes my friend , that is indeed a country mile .
But seriously I did not see the match and therefore I can only go by the forum posts , the main thing was to see just how well the different players went , more so the younger members of the team .

By all accounts some were disappointing , but others such as Duffy went well and Lomax as did Luc . A couple of the gents mentioned how nobody really put their hand up for Thompson position which is another disappointment as the team does need to put someone in need the top grade .

One good point was that all tries were scored by the wingers / centres - the ball is finally finding its way out to the backs and that is a blessing .

Last edited:

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Kerr looked very good. Great go forward. Lawrie is reserve grade standard. Luc didn't impress me as much as I thought he would but it's only one game. I don't know about Host and why some people talk him up so much.

Mann needs to be run on. It'd be nice to have Field on the bench during the season but then that might stunt his development as he's not getting much game time. Excellent cover for injuries in the backline though.

Lomax is a big unit. Surely he could play wing instead of Nightie. Similar mould to Corey Oates. Nene on the other wing.

Walpole

Juniors
Haven't seen the game so can't comment on that but let me guess - everyone who thought particular players were shit still think they're shit and the blokes you like went well? About right?

Old Timer

Coach
Plenty on the paddock tonight who were ordinary and you single out 2 of the younger forwards for criticism.
Luc, Sims, Graham, Latimore all part of a pretty ordinary forward pack tonight but you single out Host & Sele for your vitriol and make Kerr your new pin up boy.
Good on you, you have given your special kiss of death to Kerr now.

Old Timer

Coach
Sims looks suspect in defence if he has to defend on an edge. Doesn’t have the lateral movement required.

Host has just not kicked on.

We’re gonna miss Thommo more than we think.
100% agree re Sims.
Host should play LHS not right but we seem to be a club that continually plays players on their wrong side.
Our young forwards all seem to be a bit suspect in defence as it looks like they don't know how to position themselves properly or they don't dominate one on one but not overly surprised considering our coaching staff have f**ked up the backs in defence as well.

Latest posts