What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan contract to Fifita

mickeylane

Bench
lol good luck and IF he stays you will be paying for it at least a $1M ! but i doubt it!! take it as read his manager and him are very pissed off w the club ...they dogged him 3 times...and he won't let them forget it...just holding his powder till next year...

possm

Coach

Mickey Lane, the sum of 1m is not an issue to the clubs who have good access to TPA sponsorship. Fifita had first hand experience of this when he found only half of the proposed salary offered by the Dogs was included in his contract, the remainder was a TPA not backed by the NRL. In the same way Hoppa left the Eels for a 800k salary of which only 150k was included on his contract and the remainder was via a TPA.

If someone uncovered all of these TPA deals, you would quickly deduce that the current salary cap scheme is dead and not doing what it was supposed to do.

However, you won't get much push on this from the NRL because so many of their staff are recruited from the richer clubs who use the TPA system to gain advantage over poorer clubs who haven't setup a system whereby they have access to TPA sponsorship.

You may ask WHY! There is a common thought that the NRL would like to reduce the number of or merge a number of Sydney clubs to pave the way for a more diverse location of NRL clubs without substantially increasing the number of clubs in the competition.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
lol good luck and IF he stays you will be paying for it at least a $1M ! but i doubt it!! take it as read his manager and him are very pissed off w the club ...they dogged him 3 times...and he won't let them forget it...just holding his powder till next year...

I thought we supported him on the FKL issue. We did what any reasonable team (excluding the Broncos) would've done on those other incidents. We did shaft his bro, I don't know why.

Hopefully a premiership has endeared us to him, but if he goes, he goes.

Bench
Facebook said he has signed for Sharpies for another two years.
Some of the posts regarding we should, should not sign is a waste of space. We gave been linked to every player in the league, it's rubbish. We signed Hunt and resigned Widdop.
I doubt we don't have a bottomless money pit.
How can the Sharpies sigh Dugan and I would think Fifita would be very close to a million. Creative accounting.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Facebook said he has signed for Sharpies for another two years.
Some of the posts regarding we should, should not sign is a waste of space. We gave been linked to every player in the league, it's rubbish. We signed Hunt and resigned Widdop.
I doubt we don't have a bottomless money pit.
How can the Sharpies sigh Dugan and I would think Fifita would be very close to a million. Creative accounting.

They can always sniff out a bargain lol