What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Signs for Four Years

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You have to admit though, it is easy for people like you to stay calm over the issue, because like you said, you were supposedly in close contact with people with direct involvement in the negotiations, which in turn stabilised your confidence. Poor sods like me however, don't enjoy that luxury of deep connections to the saints administration, and therefore we don't know what the f*** is going on, and don't know whether to believe the news coming from people with 'good sources' (especially after the Craig Bellamy saga, when certain people said he was a 'done deal').

I'm really impressed with Dugan if he was the one who pushed for 4 years. But the contract length shouldn't have needed intervention from Duges to make it longer. Oust Doust.

Thanks Chicken Little !

Stop your whining and get on with it. Once again, stop believing all you read....Oust Doust? Why ? FFS :sarcasm:

saint.nick

Coach
Thanks Chicken Little !

Stop your whining and get on with it. Once again, stop believing all you read....Oust Doust? Why ? FFS :sarcasm:

It was sarcasm mate. It's not the fact I was believing everything I read. It just seemed that the longer this saga was dragged on and on and on, the seemingly more likely it was that there was going to be a tug of war. The point I'm trying to make to Steelman is that it's easy for him to call people like me worry-warts since he allegedly has all the good news from close inside sources, whereas people like me don't and therefore have to take every rumour on here with a grain of salt.

jenninga

First Grade
It was sarcasm mate. It's not the fact I was believing everything I read. It just seemed that the longer this saga was dragged on and on and on, the seemingly more likely it was that there was going to be a tug of war. The point I'm trying to make to Steelman is that it's easy for him to call people like me worry-warts since he allegedly has all the good news from close inside sources, whereas people like me don't and therefore have to take every rumour on here with a grain of salt.

Deals worth hundreds of thousnads aren't made overnight and the problem is too many people believe the garbage which is written in the media.To Steelman's credit he did say not to worry the deal will be done.You only have to read the crap in the Herald today"Dugan rejects Dogs".How the hell do they know,were the Dogs offer even considered.Was there even an offer.
We should give our club a little more credit,it is clear that there is planning moving forward ,so the skywriter should stay grounded for the time being.

saint.nick

Coach
To make it clear, I always predicted that Dugan would stay, and I mentioned that in an earlier comment yesterday. I was just worrying about that potential tug of war, and the risk of Dugan listening to his manager, who could have told him to earn the big bucks at the dogs and lift the trophy next year. The dogs are travelling along well; it's not as if it was a club like the Tigers or Eels that was reportedly interested, so of course I was a little worried, as I've seen too many backflips in sport to blissfully ignore it. He may may have said 'not to worry', but how am I supposed to associate a random person on a forum with credibility? I agree with your opinion that the Dogs rumour had no credibility too, I raised that issue in a comment yesterday as well. But the thing that got me worried is Barba's rumoured impending departure to the Broncos, which means that naturally the Dogs would look at top class alternatives like Dugan. Sorry I sound like a whinging pom, but I just thought that Steelman's 'I TOLD YOU SO WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME' attitude was silly.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Anyway on to the next signing which I believe is Scott Bolton. ..

Can someone move this to the right thread please ? But seeing as though Steelman has the inside mail I'd like to compare notes about these players ( I have some contacts who do some work for the Dragons too ) :

- Charly Runciman, heard he'll re-sign soon
- Jackson Hastings, he's gone to the Roosters. I don't know when they'll make it official though
- Josh Drinkwater, is he staying ? I've heard he's been allowed to look elsewhere
- Harry Siejka, I haven't heard anything about his future. Personally, reckon he's worth keeping as backup & hopefully gets some game time in the Cutters.

Latest posts