What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Signs for Four Years

mickeylane

Bench
yes this is brilliant news!! thank God its 4 years....

only bad piece of news from the media release is that it looks like Price is going to b there next year.....Sheens c'mon take the job.....!!!!

PS: Im not too sure Cooper is going to retire.....apparently looking at playing for match paymnets only next year...wants to go out on a high!! We now have a wealth of centres to choose from...C Stanley goodbye :(

Dea

Juniors
Great news. Really pleased both the club and Dugan stuck loyal to each other and worked out a long term deal. Feeling much better about our spine heading forward Thani have for a long time. Feels like we are building a team. Still a few spots spots yet to fill but we are definitely getting there.

Kuro

Juniors
This news made my week!

You can tell Duges has begun to mature and become more professional both on and off the field.. and what a great club for him to kick this all off with :D

watatank

Coach
What!!! He was only signed for 4 years? What are these incompetent idiots on the board doing?!!!

Just kidding....this is great news!!! Well done dragons

Dugan asked for five years, Doust said that was too long only gave him four... :sarcasm:

TheRev

First Grade
Dugan asked for five years, Doust said that was too long only gave him four... :sarcasm:
Yaa not to be the vboice of negativity but 4yr deals are too long imo, we want him motivated.... was that likely his request or ours?

watatank

Coach
Wouldn't be surprised if it was the club pushing for that. Obviously having him there as long as possible would have been in the best interests of the club but also means that four year deal is cheaper than a three year deal per annum.

Yaa not to be the vboice of negativity but 4yr deals are too long imo, we want him motivated.... was that likely his request or ours?

i think 4yr term is ideal. Already into just 2nd year there is thought in the head about having to negotiate a new contract / moving on next year. Too soon in my opinion.

Tommax25

Bench
yes this is brilliant news!! thank God its 4 years....

only bad piece of news from the media release is that it looks like Price is going to b there next year.....Sheens c'mon take the job.....!!!!

PS: Im not too sure Cooper is going to retire.....apparently looking at playing for match paymnets only next year...wants to go out on a high!! We now have a wealth of centres to choose from...C Stanley goodbye :(

That's a good idea imo, I think that's a really great situation for both player and club. I'm not a Dragons fan but he deserves to go out on his own terms.

Steelman

Juniors
Would just like to say to all the people whot had a hissy fit over the last few days in relation to Dugan signing with the dragons. ....

IT WAS NEVER IN DOUBT STOP LISTENING TO THE BULLSHIT .....

I've been in close with people directly involved with negotiations over the past 6 week's and though out I'm told Dugan and his manger conducted themselves in a professional manner.

Dugan committed himself to the dragons early on in negotiations was just the length of the deal that took some time. I was under the impression that it was to b a 3 year deal but a great result for the club securing 4 years.

Again as I had stated on a few occasions the bulldogs did approach Dugan but he was not really interested in talking to them.

Anyway on to the next signing which I believe is Scott Bolton. ..

jenninga

First Grade

It is long but he is on the right side of 25 and if he can remain consistent and relatively healthy he may be with us for longer ,as say Brett Stuart for Manly,Farrar etc.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Would just like to say to all the people whot had a hissy fit over the last few days in relation to Dugan signing with the dragons. ....

I've been in close with people directly involved with negotiations over the past 6 week's and though out I'm told Dugan and his manger conducted themselves in a professional manner.

Dugan committed himself to the dragons early on in negotiations was just the length of the deal that took some time. I was under the impression that it was to b a 3 year deal but a great result for the club securing 4 years.

Again as I had stated on a few occasions the bulldogs did approach Dugan but he was not really interested in talking to them.

I never understood all the panic about him leaving either.

If you believe the reports the Dragons offered a 3 year deal but it was Dugan who pushed for 4.

saint.nick

Coach

You have to admit though, it is easy for people like you to stay calm over the issue, because like you said, you were supposedly in close contact with people with direct involvement in the negotiations, which in turn stabilised your confidence. Poor sods like me however, don't enjoy that luxury of deep connections to the saints administration, and therefore we don't know what the f*** is going on, and don't know whether to believe the news coming from people with 'good sources' (especially after the Craig Bellamy saga, when certain people said he was a 'done deal').

I'm really impressed with Dugan if he was the one who pushed for 4 years. But the contract length shouldn't have needed intervention from Duges to make it longer. Oust Doust.

Latest posts