What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Most mums and dads aren't on what he is on and not in the public eye representing our football club.

297.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep when you have nothing else post a pic.

It's just that i'm an angry old man, nothing to do with the stupidity of Williams and the black eye he had given the game or the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's 30 this year FFS. You think he doesn't know drunk driving is against the law? He's just lost his f**ken licence for 12 months. The next year will suck for him and his whole family.

Gronk

Staff member

It's just that i'm an angry old man, nothing to do with the stupidity of Williams and the black eye he had given the game or the club.

OMG a merkin who played 1 FG game last year and will struggle to play 5 this year, does not give the game a black eye cos he got busted by the booze bus.

Breath deep into a paper bag merkin, you are getting dizzy with all the hyperbole.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's 30 this year FFS. You think he doesn't know drunk driving is against the law? He's just lost his f**ken licence for 12 months. The next year will suck for him and his whole family.
Poor Tony, he might actually let his wife drive him around this time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
OMG a merkin who played 1 FG game last year and will struggle to play 5 this year, does not give the game a black eye cos he got busted by the booze bus.

Breath deep into a paper bag merkin, you are getting dizzy with all the hyperbole.
Nah i'm sure it helped us secure a whole heap new sponsorships, if the club had of sacked him you would of supported them no matter whats because it's what you do.

Saying he got off light and it's not a good look for the game is hyperbole apparently. Sounds like you are the merkin who needs to breath into a bag.

You can both right. It's only the fact that neither one of you can find a way to reconcile the others opinion with your own that is creating the argument.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The court has dealt with his offence.

Bro last year there were 17,000 DUI charges in NSW and 8,000 drive/drug charges.

Whilst these merkins should be dealt with harshly by the courts, I don't buy that your boss has a role to play in the punishment.

They have anyway and he got two weeks, which probably adds $20,000 to the fine handed down by the court.

I would say, though, that because Williams works in an industry where his boss is in the public eye, and that he is constantly representing this club in a public manner, that his boss (the club) would have every right to give their two cents' worth regarding his punishment.

Happy MEel

First Grade
He was on his P’s FFS so he has clealy gone through plenty of his life not driving. I don’t think his life will suck that much.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes, I know. I would happily suspend pricks who drive drunk for longer. Regardless of whether it was medium range or high range, other motorists reported his erratic driving. These idiots kill people.
Nah mate it was no big deal, you are just talking hyperbole apparently............

Gronk

Staff member
NRL news: Jarryd Hayne having a positive influence on Parramatta Eels
Jarryd Hayne has copped it ever since he came back to the NRL.

There were stories of having a poor attitude while playing for the Gold Coast.

The former NFL star took much of the blame when Neil Henry was shown the door as Titans coach and rightly so.

And more recently his lack of fitness was highlighted during the Eels pre-season, where the two-time Dally M Medallist was shown up by Parramatta coach Brad Arthur and even his 13-year-old son.

It may come as shock to some that Hayne’s influence at the Eels has been nothing but positive since he joined his junior club at the end of the last year.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F02%2F16%2F16%2F42%2F1602_Hayne_env.jpg

Helpful Hayne. (AAP)

One Parramatta star has benefited most from having Hayne around – the man who’s been given first crack at the Eels fullback position ahead of the former Blues star - Bevan French.

With Clint Gutherson still sidelined with a knee injury, French has been given first dibs at fullback despite Hayne admitting he prefers to play at the back.

Speaking to Fox Sports, French detailed how Hayne has helped the 22-year-old master the custodian role.

“Jarryd’s been helping me out a fair bit at training,” French revealed.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F02%2F16%2F16%2F41%2F1602_french_ebnv.jpg

Bevan French will have first crack at fullback. (AAP)

“The main thing he’s been helping me with is defence. Things that go unnoticed when you’re watching footy as a kid or just at home on TV.

“You don’t see what the fullback does away in defence as well.

“It’s a pretty important job for the fullback to get the numbers right and send the people in the right direction.

“It’s a pretty tough job at times and Haynesy’s been helping me out with that and I’m looking forward to putting that to the test.”

There have also been whispers that Hayne may have to settle for a spot on the wing, with Brad Takairangi and Michael Jennings every chance of retaining their spots in the backline.

Although, Parramatta coach Brad Arthur was quoted during the off-season saying that Hayne’s future lies in the centres, which would be a tough sell for either Takairangi and Jennings, who played the house down last season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/16/16/31/jarryd-hayne-a-positive-influence-at-parramatta-eels