What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

T.S Quint

Coach
We won't be top four until our attack improves (should have scored more tries last night) and our linespeed in defence improves. Having a top line prop isn't going to change that.

You don't think having a prop who can break tackles and get quick play-the-balls will help our attack?
Better props means better field position, meaning more opportunities to attack.

eel01s

Bench
You don't think having a prop who can break tackles and get quick play-the-balls will help our attack?
Better props means better field position, meaning more opportunities to attack.

I was talking about the multiple opportunities we had close to the line. We need to convert more than we do if we want to become a real force.

I was talking about the multiple opportunities we had close to the line. We need to convert more than we do if we want to become a real force.
Yeah during the game I was thinking that Moses should probably be the one doing those kicks. Norman isn't very good at it and probably isn't going to get much better. Moses is younger though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good big merkins attract defenders and get quick play-the-balls. That's worth plenty close to the opposition's line.

Forty20

First Grade
I think Semi deserves the 360 gong over Gutho on the basis that he took a clear game plan (to bomb him repeatedly from the outset) from Bellamy and turned it completely on its head. A lot of our early momentum in Round 18 can be derived from Semi igniting our sets with ridiculous kick returns.

Teams have been trying to pick out Bev in recent weeks with their kicks in order to force the weakest returner in our team to cart it up into the kick chase. Sound if simple logic. I think Bellamy got too clever for himself and wanted to rob Parra of a strong carry on the second tackle by kicking to Semi and taking him out of the equation. That or he honestly thought that Vunivalu had an aerial advantage over Radradra.

Of course the problem with kicking it to Semi is that you are kicking it to Semi!

T.S Quint

Coach

Oh, I agree with that.
I do think a top prop will help with that as well.

I think we probably should have scored more than we did on Saturday, but I don't think we are giving the Storm enough credit for their defence. They were lacking in attack from the loss of their big name players, but they are still able to hold their defensive line very well despite having so many backups playing.
If we played that way against a lesser defensive side we rack up a big score I reckon.

emjaycee

Coach
Oh, I agree with that.
I do think a top prop will help with that as well.

I think we probably should have scored more than we did on Saturday, but I don't think we are giving the Storm enough credit for their defence. They were lacking in attack from the loss of their big name players, but they are still able to hold their defensive line very well despite having so many backups playing.
If we played that way against a lesser defensive side we rack up a big score I reckon.
I reckon we lost or threw away at least 3 solid opportunities on Saturday night. Mennings break in the first 2-3 minutes where he lost the baĺl but should have given Bevo early ball. Bevo's kick back inside in the 2nd half if better was a try to Gutho and Gutho running a line on the left late in the first half and running out of space to feed Semi.

Oh and of course Tepai probably would have scored 3 or 4 if he was more Taulmalolo like.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well this is getting a laugh on FB

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says Parramatta Eels got away with slowing tactics

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has claimed the Parramatta Eels are getting away with even more "slowing" tactics than his side.

The Storm coach was unimpressed with the defensive tactics of the Eels in the second half of his side's 22-6 loss at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...way-with-slowing-tactics-20170708-gx7gnu.html

The Colonel

Immortal
well this is getting a laugh on FB

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says Parramatta Eels got away with slowing tactics

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has claimed the Parramatta Eels are getting away with even more "slowing" tactics than his side.

The Storm coach was unimpressed with the defensive tactics of the Eels in the second half of his side's 22-6 loss at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...way-with-slowing-tactics-20170708-gx7gnu.html

Second funniest thing I have read on the forum today just behind some dick wanting to swap Shaun Lane for Tepai.

Latest posts