What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Titans LIVE Game day thread

eel01s

Bench
Good effort from the boys, but still plenty of improvement required. Did anyone else notice how Semi didn't seem to be running freely? Taylor caught him - which ordinarily would never happen . How stupid was Mau's shoulder charge?

Chipmunk

Coach
Good effort from the boys, but still plenty of improvement required. Did anyone else notice how Semi didn't seem to be running freely? Taylor caught him - which ordinarily would never happen . How stupid was Mau's shoulder charge?

To be fair to Semi, on both of his long runs, I think he was waiting for the ref to blow his whistle for a knock on so wasn't really into full stride, which looking at the replays, he probably knew more than most what actually happened.

hybrideel

Bench
And we won 20 from 26 (two draws, four losses) during the regular season prior to the season ending with the awarding of our minor premiership.
That can't be right. I remember us winning a game after that against Brisbane and then going in a massive bender until the new season. I'm sure that was the last game

Kornstar

Coach
That is the bounce back we needed to have after the Newcastle debacle. They did what they needed to do.

The referees are diabolical in general.

At the ground i don't think Semi's first try was that bad of a decision but i will have to see the replay.

The disallowed Semi try i don't have an issue with the no try but i do have an issue with them saying the Titans knocked it back, they look for every reason to call a knock on in general play but when there is a try scoring play and the attacker sticks their hand out they more often than not say it was knocked back. It was right in line with our seats and it absolutely was a knock on from them. Should have been our ball.

The Jennings one was the other end of the field and i knew we had no chance once the ref said no try so i didn't even bother watching the replays.

That shoulder charge......what the f**k was he thinking? He will be charged! The only annoying thing is that they rarely penalise shoulder charges these days when i see 4 or 5 a weekend without penalties. Typical we got pulled up for one though.

Lots to work on for next week against a red hot Broncos and missing French and more than likely Manu.

Kornstar

Coach
And Edwards was fantastic at the end. When the kick off went out and we had the line drop out he was doing the video ref signal to the ref and then touchy and then when we scored, love seeing the refs cop shit for being shit!

IFR33K

Coach
The semi try was by far the worst decision I've ever seen. He clearly knocks it on, not once, not twice but three times IMO.

strider

Post Whore
That is the bounce back we needed to have after the Newcastle debacle. They did what they needed to do.

The referees are diabolical in general.

At the ground i don't think Semi's first try was that bad of a decision but i will have to see the replay.

The disallowed Semi try i don't have an issue with the no try but i do have an issue with them saying the Titans knocked it back, they look for every reason to call a knock on in general play but when there is a try scoring play and the attacker sticks their hand out they more often than not say it was knocked back. It was right in line with our seats and it absolutely was a knock on from them. Should have been our ball.

The Jennings one was the other end of the field and i knew we had no chance once the ref said no try so i didn't even bother watching the replays.

That shoulder charge......what the f**k was he thinking? He will be charged! The only annoying thing is that they rarely penalise shoulder charges these days when i see 4 or 5 a weekend without penalties. Typical we got pulled up for one though.

Lots to work on for next week against a red hot Broncos and missing French and more than likely Manu.
TBH while i probably yelled obscenities for each no try decision against us they were probably mostly right and at least 50/50 calls that could go either way ... there were in play decisions that went the titans way that shitted me more ... some poor calls that left us defending countless sets

The one thing that did shit me was jennings no try ... ref has approx 5 milliseconds to see it live n make a call .... the bunker has numerous good angles of it tomake a decision ... yet they come up with insufficient evidence ... you had clear angles of it - you had to watch it 20 times to try and find a knock on - if its that hard to see if he knocked on then he f**kin didnt - dont go back to an onfield call made for the sake of making a call .... the only time the video should not make a call is when they dont have a camera angle - otherwise they are in the best position to f**king decide

forward pass

Coach
TBH while i probably yelled obscenities for each no try decision against us they were probably mostly right and at least 50/50 calls that could go either way ... there were in play decisions that went the titans way that shitted me more ... some poor calls that left us defending countless sets

The one thing that did shit me was jennings no try ... ref has approx 5 milliseconds to see it live n make a call .... the bunker has numerous good angles of it tomake a decision ... yet they come up with insufficient evidence ... you had clear angles of it - you had to watch it 20 times to try and find a knock on - if its that hard to see if he knocked on then he f**kin didnt - dont go back to an onfield call made for the sake of making a call .... the only time the video should not make a call is when they dont have a camera angle - otherwise they are in the best position to f**king decide

I couldn't make it to the game last night, but watching on TV last night there is NOTHING more boring in our game than when the bunker rock and roll an incident 10-15 times to determine who touched what. It is boring and annoying as hell. Make a f**king call and get on with it. I thought this was the entertainment business !

TheRam

Coach
Get that into you @TheRam!

It's about time. Finally he runs onto the ball at pace slightly at an angle and in between defenders. Also a great pass by Moses. But for the rest of the game played at his usual plodder attacking self. Barely denting the line.

Oh well, still one great run is better then none at all.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I couldn't make it to the game last night, but watching on TV last night there is NOTHING more boring in our game than when the bunker rock and roll an incident 10-15 times to determine who touched what. It is boring and annoying as hell. Make a f**king call and get on with it. I thought this was the entertainment business !

I think someone must of had a word in his ear after the Radradra try he gave and it clearly rattled him... you could tell the amount of times he went over the next two no tries and the dribble he was coming out with when trying to explain them.

Latest posts