What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End promotion and relegation

Pneuma

First Grade
God your at twat sometimes.
It says that they are looking to a pro comp with the inclusion of Toulouse and Catalans after the world cup.
Which is what I was saying needed to happen.. and you refuted any possibility.
The whinging old Pom is usually wrong and will never admit it.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The whinging old Pom is usually wrong and will never admit it.
He's a frustrating character. Obviously moved to Perth from England.. the catch is, He's a League fan and instead of just excepting that or moving.. he lives his life perpetual torment and we have to deal with it 🤦‍♂️

Llangennech

Juniors
It don't really matter, az wots needed is fuh more ppl to play RL in Europe. Could do with changing the spelling of many English words too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It says that they are looking to a pro comp with the inclusion of Toulouse and Catalans after the world cup.
Sounds highly likely! Best summed up in the article with ' It sounds a far-fetched fantasy'

"next to no TV or press coverage
only a few hundred fans watching on inside humble grounds at various small towns.
international stars go about their well-paid business in a media vacuum.
There is no current TV deal"

Only need to get revenue of around 70mill euro for the comp then. Still nothing wrong with ambition and good luck to them. A FT French comp would be massive for the game.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I don't much care for the guy, but he's sorta got a point. Catalans in particular, and Toulouse, to drop into the French league and forego the riches of the Super League is just unimaginable, no matter how successful the world cup is.

League, sadly, is a distant third to football and union. If they can build Elite 1 to be on par with Championship, then that's gonna be good.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I'm optimistic. I think in the age of various streaming platforms looking for content and some much needed hype after a successful world cup in France. A well timed negotiation and organisation will pull it off. The fact that they are already making it known ahead of time is a great sign!
I'm actually convinced it will happen. There seems to be some money around backing these small French clubs. Everything's moving in the right direction.

I think it will be an 8 team comp.

I think people underestimate the new landscape of streaming platforms. It's growing all the time and they need content to be competitive.

Dark Corner

Juniors
So we should watch the French league because its full of retired first graders? Thats not much of an incentive!

I used to enjoy watching the French league back in the 90's on BBC2 when Alex Murphy did the commentating. "Oh the clarets flowing now".
It was tough and at times brutal RL played in mud. Oh the good old days!
I don't French Rugby League was ever on BBC 2 but happy to be proven wrong.

Iamback

Coach
Easy to say build it from the bottom, What quality player is going to leave NRL or SL on the off chance they get a new team promoted

Perth Red

Post Whore
Easy to say build it from the bottom, What quality player is going to leave NRL or SL on the off chance they get a new team promoted
You don't need a quality player, just good enough ones to win the championship. Problem is when promoted finding the quality ones in a short space of time!

Latest posts