What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English players coming to NRL

Fangs

Coach
Paul Deacon or Sean Long were worthy targets after Gower.

Back then Super League wasn't a retirement home though. They probably had no interest coming here.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I have a Bill Ashurst I have one of his choco late soldiers jerseys. He gave it to a relative who was a Rep for Coca Cola. A brilliant but lazy player. Stevo was the exact opposite until Dave ( the dog) Edwar ds ended his career with a VERY late head high tackle. I met him on a cruise a few years ago and we met at the bar a couple of times a really good human being.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Ashurst had brilliant skills but could be lazy and off his game. Stevo had leadership and great determination and never gave up.
Both were very good players but in some ways totally opposite.
There was a 5/8 called David Topliss who only played 12 matches for Penrith
I have a Bill Ashurst I have one of his choco late soldiers jerseys. He gave it to a relative who was a Rep for Coca Cola. A brilliant but lazy player. Stevo was the exact opposite until Dave ( the dog) Edwar ds ended his career with a VERY late head high tackle. I met him on a cruise a few years ago and we met at the bar a couple of times a really good human being.
perfect forward Bill’s smug and talent Stepho’s heart.