What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exclusive: 50 reasons why nsw is still better than queensland

Sure, Queensland might have beaten the Blues in State of Origin but there are still plenty of reasons why NSW is better than Queensland. Here are 50 just for starters...

1 People in NSW can read
2 Our state emblem isn’t a toxic toad that destroys its surrounding environment (No, Eddie Obeid doesn’t count)
3 NSW residents can speak while holding their nose
4 No one in NSW has ever voted for Lawrence Springborg
5 In NSW you can order a pizza after 6pm
6 Since federation NSW has always been completely democratic (except in preselections, union elections and planning decisions)
7 NSW is Australia’s first state (except in football, liveability and economic growth)
8 If you go 50 kilometres out of major NSW cities you can still come across people who have teeth
9 In the north of NSW crocodile riding is not considered a legitimate sport
10 NSW has never been caught in the stranglehold of a corrupt government that allowed developers to run riot because they were cosy with ministers (Eds: Please check before going to print)
11 Most NSW cities have at least one building that was constructed before 1979
12 Cops in NSW never wore shorts and long socks
13 Seagulls
14 Sydney’s first AFL team wasn’t named after a gay subculture
15 We had Warwick Capper first
16 Warner Bros Movie World (See also: World, Dream; World, Sea)
17 The whole Gold Coast
18 Schoolies
19 Brisbane
20 Peter Slipper
21 The Brough Brothers
22 Billy J Smith
23 Fiona MacDonald. (At least Jackie made it onto Hey Hey)
24 Cutlery (that’s knives and forks)
25 Story Bridge (See also: Lame; Povex; and You call that a bridge?)
26 Clive Palmer
27 Paradise Beach
28 Daylight savings
29 Wayne Swan
30 Savage Garden
31 Qantas
32 XXXX Gold
33 Bookstores (We have them)
34 In Queensland they are still opening Sizzler steakhouses
35 NSW has legendary superstar Timmy G*
36 Ipswich
37 In NSW U2 is not considered ``alternative’’
38 In NSW ``Darius’’ is not a name
39 In NSW sushi is not ``the next big thing’’
40 NSW has electorates with gay people in them
41 Meter maids (Eds: Please do some focus group testing on this before going to print. Could go either way)
42 Craig McDermott
43 All Queensland cricketers
44 NSW has coffee that isn’t made by International Roast
45 In NSW S&M doesn’t stand for Schapelle and Mercedes
46 In NSW people aren’t named after cars
47 In NSW we don’t have to learn how to pronounce ``Indooroopilly’’
48 In NSW English isn’t a second language
49 In NSW people can count to 49
50 Queensland is in Queensland
*List compiled with the assistance of Timmy G
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...sons_why_nsw_is_still_better_than_queensland/

AuDragon

Juniors
The last time NSW won an Origin series...

1. John Howard was Prime Minister of Australia
2. Peter Beattie was Premier of Queensland
3. George W. Bush was President of the USA
4. Tony Blair was Prime Minister of Great Britan
5. Roger Federer only had 6 Grand Slam Titles (now 16), Rafael Nadal 1 (now 10), Novak Djokovic made his Grand Slam debut in 2005.
6. Shane Warne & Glenn McGrath were still part of the Australian Cricket Team & Michael Vaughan was still full time captain of the English test side.
7. The IPL was yet to run its innagural tournament.
8. Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston were still married.
9. Powderfinger were yet to release their last two albums and have since broke up.
10. The Transformers Franchise had yet to release their first movie.
11. Myspace was more popular than Facebook & a tweet was something a bird did.
12. Children who are now starting secondary school, were still in pre-school.
13. Australia had not yet qualified for the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
14. YouTube had not yet been launched.
15. Some NSW'kers could still come up with a clever jibe once in a while.

It's likely that Qld will keep winning, but this worries me a bit, given the fact that 6 consecutive Origin wins for Qld already made evolution regress by about 10000 years in NSW. Besides, I'm running out of room in my banner...

kiwiaus

Juniors
Queenslanders don't like to admit that for years NSW were the ones that were winning Origin.
Like they say ... "No one loves a Queenslander, like a Queenslander". Mainly because no one else likes them.
I may live in QLD, but I am NOT one of them.

Loudstrat

Coach
Joe Hildebrand. Right wing gimp with a sense of humour that suggests he has spent too much time in in Ipswich.

gUt

Coach
I don't mind these things so this isn't sour grapes but ffs those were horrible.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Queenslanders don't like to admit that for years NSW were the ones that were winning Origin.
Like they say ... "No one loves a Queenslander, like a Queenslander". Mainly because no one else likes them.
I may live in QLD, but I am NOT one of them.

Too right, I live with them too. And there is only one thing worse than a 'Queensland-derrrrrr'... That is one of the turncoats who turn into one. Queensland-derrrrrs have an excuse at least, they don't know better.

kiwiaus

Juniors
After Origin 1, they were going around carrying on like they had won the series. They won one game (with the help of the officials), don't they know there are three games.

Karl

Juniors
Sometimes you can forget that the world is full of small minded people who hate irrationally and are utterly bigoted against things they don't like personally or places they don't actually live. Threads like this are timely reminders.

Knightmare

Coach
Hahahaha

The bitterness is awesome.

Got anymore?

Funny that, because only 2 years ago I distinctly remember the Courier Mail had an article '20 reasons why Qld is better than Sydney/ NSW'

I guess it's only bitterness when NSW does it....

betcats

Referee
Sometimes you can forget that the world is full of small minded people who hate irrationally and are utterly bigoted against things they don't like personally or places they don't actually live. Threads like this are timely reminders.

Shut up you inbred merkin.

Theres another one.

Knightmare

Coach
Karl's not too bad.

He's smart enough not to fall for the "A 50k sellout is better than an 82k sellout" bullshit that some of his fellow Qlders fall for...

Latest posts