What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F O Brian Smith

Iafeta

Referee
He got sacked from the Knights, Eels and Roosters. I just dont think he is the right "fit"

He resigned from both Newcastle and Parramatta. With Newcastle he resigned to go to the Roosters. Yes he was sacked at the Roosters, but he was also NRL coach of the year while he was there.

Secondly, he hasn't come to be a coach. He's come to take some of the ancillary tasks off the head coach. He has a great reputation for putting in place systems which is a big part of his role.

As for not being the right fit, he's adapted to being successful in England and Australia. And his son Rohan was also highly regarded by the players here so I'm sure he's got a lot of insight from Rohan.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
And another where you have posted.
LOL Thank you Rich for SUPPORTING me when I said we have NOT discussed Brian Smith during this season. Just look at the dates of the post its 2017 HAHAHA.

I dont even mention Brian Smith in my 2017 posts LOL. Thanks for supporting what I was saying :)

Look at my post in this thread. I dont even know whats going on with this dude. Ohh too easy.
Already? Whys that?

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
Sighted a lot at age group games around the upper North Island this year.

Really takes an interest in the Junior development and recruitment.

Seems to have an eye to the future. Probably a lot of what he is doing wont bear fruit till many years from now.

Rich102

Staff member
This is a critical role. Along with teaching the recruits properly. (Which I am not sure we have done well in the past).
Smith should do this well.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure why anyone would doubt Smith - seems to be a selective view of his CV which is stacked with success

We need to start building statues outside Mt Smart - Stacey, Simon, Manu and Brian!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mr Smith will have succession plans for his favoured assistant.

Maybe WGHB was one of the 12 applying to Gus........

BLN2

Juniors
Ohh FFS don't talk about Swann.. Those terrible bicep pads, several mediocre seasons at the back end of his career, caped off by that non pass. I was not watching the Warriors when he was at his best, but never rated him when was in second stint.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Most teams have one of those moments that will live on and haunt them for all time.

For us it's Swann, Broncos had Sims against Melbourne and Hunt against Cowboys, Raiders had Bulgarelli against us in 2003, SKD throwing that intercept pass 60 or so seconds into the final against Brisbane, Mundine in the 1999 GF against Storm etc

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol sorry for opening up old wounds chaps

I had a different view on that one, I was over in Sydney for a few weeks, Logan not passing the pill meant I had a game to watch in Sydney the next weekend

Latest posts