What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fail League

El Coconuto

Bench
i remember ewing or mason getting blocked by pippen which everyone thought was a foul. if knicks had scored that basket, win the game and go on to win the eastern conference finals, you wouldn't be hearing so much about the untouchabulls.

It was Charles Smith. Ewing took it to the rim and in typical Ewing style, fell over before he got a chance to shoot it. :roll: So he passed it to Charles Smith who got blocked three times in a row by Scottie Pippen. Jordan picks up the scraps, throws it out to BJ Armstrong on the break. Game over. Bulls win next game in Chicago and win series 4-2. Then they beat Phoenix in the Finals. It was 1993.

El Coconuto

Bench
anyone remember jordan supposedly losing millions from gambling on golf?

One of the nicer conspiracy theories on planet earth is that David Stern had secretly suspended Michael Jordan after the 1993 season for his excessive gambling on golf and told him that he could go and play baseball and then come back in eighteen months or that he would just go out into the public and tell the world that he was suspending Jordan for gambling. Always amusing.

El Coconuto

Bench
One things for sure, I still can't get over that Portland trade. We need a veto system if we are going to let people into the league that nobody has heard of before. It ruins it for everyone and makes it overwhelmingly unfair. I mean, the guys next best centre was Hasheem Thabeet and he traded away Gasol for Paul Pierce and a packet of chips? I'd really like to know the logic behind that trade.

Regardless, we shouldn't be taking it out on MC. He is the victim of dodgy circumstance. Just install a veto policy or something or only keep it to people we know from the forum.

McLovin

Staff member
Is there a way i can prove i'm not Portland?? If so, tell me and i'd gladly prove to you that i'm not... I kinda feel like Kobe after his rape allegations atm. I don't want this hanging over my head the whole season... People thinking i've cheated or rigged the comp and whatnot...

Ridders

Coach
Chin up buddy, you'll be fine. Not your fault you won the lottery in terms of trade steals.

...Now if we see Durant traded straight up for Gomes...

El Coconuto

Bench
Yeah don't even bother. I have a friend that works in the Sports Department for Yahoo in the States that could probably trace down the I.P. Addresses but I don't think I can be bothered asking. It's only fantasy after all. Not like we laid down money on it or anything. Just hours and hours of our lives. Haha as always: we're idiots.

El Coconuto

Bench
...what about Hinrich for Gasol? Bahahahaha!

You've got to love bitter GM's that lose out on a good trade and harp on it in every conceivable way.

Hey, Portland, want to trade me Paul Pierce for my avatar?

lol, damn it all!

Ridders

Coach
Me and Portland have made another deal.

Portland receives Chris Paul, Grant Hill and Darko Milicic while Ridders receives Kevin Durant, Stephen Jackson, Russel Westbrook.

Seems pretty fair imo. I get more depth while he gets the best fantasy baller alive.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Oh just noticed this one.

The Darko Identity and Insist on Assists have made a deal in the Keeper League.

Insist on Assists receives Derrick Rose, Antawn Jamison, Carlos Boozer while The Darko Identity receives Lebron James.

Probably over-payed quite a bit for that, but at least something positive came out of my Rose meltdown :lol:

andrew057

First Grade
Portland receives Chris Paul, Grant Hill and Darko Milicic while Ridders receives Kevin Durant, Stephen Jackson, Russel Westbrook.

Seems pretty fair imo. I get more depth while he gets the best fantasy baller alive.

:lol: Yeah real fair.

andrew057

First Grade
some of these trades would have easily got vetoed.... wtf is going on

Yeah but what can you do? Theres a few people/teams that are getting taken for a ride and theyll be the same people who realise how sh*t their team is and stop playing after 5 weeks unfortunately.

Ridders

Coach
Tbh in both deals i made with Portland, I gave up the best player, which is more than can be said for some other people that have dealt with the guy.

In saying that, having a Commish trade veto can help at times.

McLovin

Staff member
Rose, Jamison, and Booze is crazy expensive for LeBron...

Rose himself will be a keeper stud and could go off for Chris Paul like numbers in the next couple of years...

Ridders

Coach
Rose, Jamison, and Booze is crazy expensive for LeBron...

Rose himself will be a keeper stud and could go off for Chris Paul like numbers in the next couple of years...

Hence why I said i overpaid. Tbh I'd actually forgot I'd made the offer. Oh well. Now I have a reason to cheer for Lebron...