What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fail League

McLovin

Staff member
Panthers God knows who the Portland fellow is. He's the guy who always picks the young guys in the league...I hope this clears me up somehow...

lol, i swear to you guys its not me...

Panthers_God

Juniors
i thought there was some guy who always picked the rookies

does anyone else remember him?? like minesota tigers or something??

Or is that someone already here...

...its too late to change the trade settings

Ridders

Coach
No f**king kidding. Westbrook for Turkoglu & Beasley? Not to mention the two separate trades of Kevin Durant between the same owners 12 hours apart. What's going on.....

I guess it's time to come out of the shadows.

*Takes the torch from McLovin*

I am the one you know as Portland!

Panthers_God

Juniors
makes sense:

ridders got...
westbrook, jackosn, johnson, pierce, griffin
for
paul, milicic, azubuke, varejo, parker

Ridders

Coach
Well suspicion is going to be thrown on me like it did with McLovin.

I might as well have fun with it.

Ridders

Coach
Tbh I thought my first deal with Portland was reasonably fair. The second I'll admit favored me, although he did get Cp3.

As I said, its no worse than some other deals that have gone down.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
To be clear, I'm not accusing any of the beneficiaries of the one-sided trades of impropriety. It's just these sorts of bullsh*t trades, as someone said, means that after the first few inevitable losses we lose an active owner, lessening the league overall. This is meant to go for the next 7 months, not just the two weeks after the draft. If owners vacate, it will just lessen the fun for the rest of us, particularly the guys who haven't benefitted from any of the one sided trades.

And if Portland is Minnesota Tigers / guy who always picks rookies, it's joel caine no1 fan.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I duno I'm very supicious....

I offered him, Calderon, Bogut, Mayo for Paul, J.Oneal and T.Young and got rejected....

Thats much fairer than ridders two trades isnt it?

Ridders

Coach
I get what your saying Tiger, and I agree with it. I just couldn't stand by and watch other teams get all the bargains.

Tbh I still think a Commish Veto would have avoided this whole mess.

Ridders

Coach
I duno I'm very supicious....

I offered him, Calderon, Bogut, Mayo for Paul, J.Oneal and T.Young and got rejected....

In both of my trades, I gave up the best player. In that deal your not. Maybe thats the philosophy Portland works under?

And btw, if that was me i wouldn't have accepted that either.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
In both of my trades, I gave up the best player. In that deal your not. Maybe thats the philosophy Portland works under?

And btw, if that was me i wouldn't have accepted that either.
How do you figure? Calderon pretty much cancels out Pauls assists & percentages, loses out in steals and gets left for dead in points. But Mayo will make up the points and help out in other cats as well. Bogut sh*ts on the corpse that is O'Neal and might possibly take a big leap on a weak Bucks team (if healthy). Depending on team strategy I suppose, and personal preference, but that's a much better trade from both owners perspectives than what I've seen completed over the past 24 hours.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood your post Ridders. You're right, if he's trading on the premise of acquiring the best player, he would never make that deal. But he likewise would never give up Chris Paul - yet he has him set to available on the Trading Block. It's all very strange.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
How do you figure? Calderon pretty much cancels out Pauls assists & percentages, loses out in steals and gets left for dead in points. But Mayo will make up the points and help out in other cats as well. Bogut sh*ts on the corpse that is O'Neal and might possibly take a big leap on a weak Bucks team (if healthy). Depending on team strategy I suppose, and personal preference, but that's a much better trade from both owners perspectives than what I've seen completed over the past 24 hours.

I won't dispute that its better than some of the trades that have gone down in the last day or 2. I'm just saying I wouldn't have done it if i was in that position. And personally I fully understand why people would be frustrated. Tbh I was the same after the Gasol trade.

Last edited:

El Coconuto

Bench
What I find to be sus/strange about this Portland character is that:

- At 10:15am he sets his trading block to requesting a SG and PTS.

- At 11:06 he trades away the second best shooting guard in the league (Durrant) and another prime scorer (Jackson) for, get this... a freaking point guard - one of the few positions he didn't tick that he wanted on his trading block!

- At 11:15 (less then ten minutes after sending Durrant away for Paul), that same PG he brought in for Durrant (Paul) ends up on the trading block.

How does that make logical sense? If you are really after a SG and PTS, you don't trade away Durrant and Jackson and bring in an assist and steals guy...and then put that guy straight up for more trades.

El Coconuto

Bench

Yep.

The problem with all this is that as much as we harp on about trades being insanely moronic, the reality is that insanely moronic trades do happen in real life. So we really have to bite down and kind of just roll with it. I mean, aside from blatantly obvious BS trades (and there have been a few in this league already), you can't really institute the veto rule. If it happens in real life with GM's who spend hours disecting information and stats, the chances are that people like us will all screw up as well - most likely moreso than GM's.

Anyways, I agree with Tiger. What you'll find is that these people making dumb trades will just give up a month in when they realise who they're stuck with. That means that it'll just be a free-for-all trying to destroy their teams every week, which will happen by a bigger scoreline by those who benefitted by their dumb trades.

The league is tainted already in my opinion. It's just a gimmick league now. The top two picks have already been shipped here, there and everywhere - and it always involves the same teams. Just hard to invest any interesting in a league that's happy to compromise competitive balance.

McLovin

Staff member
Ohh ffs, seriously...there is no dual account...nobody is playing two teams. I definitely know i'm not. How long have i taken part in the league for?? 5-6 years or something and done nothing of the kind. When i offered Pierce, Wallace for Pau, it's just that...an offer. I could have offered Tmac. No...i offered a guard that will give me the biggest statistics this year. A consistant 20-5-5 guy...

Well then, i guess it kind of is my fault for posting the league details in a public forum for all to see. All it takes is one ass to accuse someone of cheating to ruin it...weird trades will happen, they do every year, but its the accusation of cheating that ruins it...

You can say it's 'just fantasy' or whatever but i like doing this every year...It's fun...I'm hoping the regulars who've been here for years will understand me...

McLovin

Staff member
If you guys honestly thing the league is 'rigged' or i have cheated...i'll gladly step aside...Im not taking part...

All it took was one manager to end it...

Panthers_God

Juniors
McLovin i have a suspicious feeling about this

I feel like the Ridders double trades are way too one-sided for any manager to accept. Unless it was himself...

Who the hell reads the NBA forum on a rugby league site without joining anyway??