What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah vs Ennis

Farah vs Ennis

• Robbie Farah cos he got skill

Votes: 101 64.3%
  • Michael Ennis cos hes a grub

Votes: 56 35.7%

• Total voters

thebrunks

Juniors
My money is on that they both are picked!!!

If I were coach I'd start Farah & introduce Ennis.

The benefit of having Farah is that you can slot him into the halves quite easily as he plays there with skill!

Ennis is an in your face pest, similar to the good old days of Benny Elias. You definately need a pest in the hooking role, someone who niggles all game long & is in the oppositions face.

Ennis is a stronger player, & gives great service in attack & defence.

Actually I don't know how anyone can decide between the 2, it will come down to the coaching style in the end.

Both are great hookers & both deserve a run.

The other deciding factor is that the Bulldogs are creaming their opposition at the moment & considering they lost 2 points for a 14th man & lost another 2 last Friday which they should have had, they are still on top of the ladder!

Russ

Ladmate

Bench
My money is on that they both are picked!!!

If I were coach I'd start Farah & introduce Ennis.

The benefit of having Farah is that you can slot him into the halves quite easily as he plays there with skill!

Ennis is an in your face pest, similar to the good old days of Benny Elias. You definately need a pest in the hooking role, someone who niggles all game long & is in the oppositions face.

Ennis is a stronger player, & gives great service in attack & defence.

Actually I don't know how anyone can decide between the 2, it will come down to the coaching style in the end.

Both are great hookers & both deserve a run.

The other deciding factor is that the Bulldogs are creaming their opposition at the moment & considering they lost 2 points for a 14th man & lost another 2 last Friday which they should have had, they are still on top of the ladder!

Russ

HAHAHAHAHA. Ennis stronger in defense? Showed that on Friday night and CvC didn't he? Teams shouldnt be a factor, rather form, which Ennis has been lacking.

A stronger player? Did you see Farah on Sunday. Gets knocked out and then stays on the field playing. I seriously doubt Ennis would do that.

In your face pest? Please. Against the dragons he was a passenger. Threw a forward pass and made 2 bad kicks when the game was on the line. He isn't a 'in your face pest' he is a guy who will give away penalties.

hutch

First Grade
HAHAHAHHAA ennis is at home crying right now

i doubt it, realisitically he shouldnt have been in the hunt. he is a good player, and may one day play origin, but a few good games at his 4th club in 4 years doesnt make you ready for origin.

watatank

Coach
I think they will take Ennis because

i) he's the incumbent NSW hooker and was good in game 3
ii) he's playing for the bulldogs who will probably play the grand final.

although Farah could make a late charge and take the spot if Tigers go well in the finals

they could also do what they did last year and rely completely on Smith with Gidley as backup :roll:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Farah has been outstanding over the last couple of weeks. He's far better than Ennis.

Like Gidley, Farah goes well in a team with few dominant players which alllows him to control the direction of play and exploit his high work rate. However in a rep team above the CvC level both guys look stifled and frustrated which leads to them getting in the way of their tream mates.

Farah is a more talented player but I think Ennis would fit a team of superstars better.

lifesgood

Juniors
I think Farah

Tim sheens as head coach, so Robbie would have no problems fitting into the Aussies game plan really, and everyone thought Ennis for origin cause he was more physical then Farah

Stats definitly dont show that

plus origin and etst footy is totally different

watatank

Coach
I think Farah

Tim sheens as head coach, so Robbie would have no problems fitting into the Aussies game plan really, and everyone thought Ennis for origin cause he was more physical then Farah

Stats definitly dont show that

plus origin and etst footy is totally different

I pretty much forgot that Sheens was coach, he will definitely want Farah whether he gets it will depend on his influence within the ranks

What stat shows that Farah is more physical? Farah makes more tackles but his tackle technique is poor. Farah will take them high, get driven back a few metres and finally bring them down, usually with the help of another forward. Ennis isn't strong in defence either but he is more "physical" and will put more of a hit on when he makes a tackle

I think the other part about physicality is that Ennis plays his game much more direct and closer to the ruck whereas Farah is much more creative and will look to go wide more often.

lifesgood

Juniors
I pretty much forgot that Sheens was coach, he will definitely want Farah whether he gets it will depend on his influence within the ranks

What stat shows that Farah is more physical? Farah makes more tackles but his tackle technique is poor. Farah will take them high, get driven back a few metres and finally bring them down, usually with the help of another forward. Ennis isn't strong in defence either but he is more "physical" and will put more of a hit on when he makes a tackle

I think the other part about physicality is that Ennis plays his game much more direct and closer to the ruck whereas Farah is much more creative and will look to go wide more often.

Ok physical, I would much rather someone who gets the job then tries to pull hits off and misses

Robbie uses his opponents strenght against him thats why he is pushed cause he uses their momentum to bring em down

He makes more tackles, misses less and his just without doubt a better all round player

alot of great players were great for playing before the line instead of at the line

farah can do both ennis cant really

watatank

Coach
Haha. I love how that post somehow turned into "Farah is a nuffy". I was just pointing out that Ennis' approach to the game is (at least IMO) more physical than Farah. I never said Ennis was a better player.

Reality is Farah and Ennis are both quality players with different styles. Farah is a better player but both are worthy candidates for a NSW hooking spot. Hopefully we can have both in the team next year to share the role.

lifesgood

Juniors
Haha. I love how that post somehow turned into "Farah is a nuffy". I was just pointing out that Ennis' approach to the game is (at least IMO) more physical than Farah. I never said Ennis was a better player.

Reality is Farah and Ennis are both quality players with different styles. Farah is a better player but both are worthy candidates for a NSW hooking spot. Hopefully we can have both in the team next year to share the role.

Oh sorry i misread your thread

I completely agree
if the could both be fitted in the nsw side it would be awesome, play robbie off bench sought of like farah

but i am assuming that will go to Gidley considerinng brett stewart is back and the form hayne is in

Ennis approach to the game is alot more physical, but tougher, they arent to far apart

sando88

Not a Moderator
timmy sheens always says he choose none other then robbie. he will choose him in the team, he might not play cos selectors are in love with smith but no way ennis makin it

babyg

Juniors
I think they will take Ennis because

i) he's the incumbent NSW hooker and was good in game 3
ii) he's playing for the bulldogs who will probably play the grand final.

although Farah could make a late charge and take the spot if Tigers go well in the finals

they could also do what they did last year and rely completely on Smith with Gidley as backup :roll:

That's what I was going to say. :thumn