What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourable Draw

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I kinda agree that making the 8 will only make us as successful as 2015 and this side is playing far better. If we make the 4 and win at least one semi game than sign him up ( or sign him up now if Daley is a coach contender ! ) The other point to raise is are we are contender to win the whole thing ? I personally don't think so but I would like to see some of our 5 or 6 younger players given a go in preparation for next season.
Dennis yes mate I'm with you we currently have a very good team .BUT add some speed speed speed and who knows what we then have but I agree jetski has no vision no foresight he's doing a good job but it could be so much better.

ALSGI

Bench
I think with our bye this weekend we could be back in 2nd position.

Cronulla with 4 out, could lose to Dogs.
Broncos in Auckland.
Roosters in Canberra.

Favourable draw - yes.

Crush

Coach
I think with our bye this weekend we could be back in 2nd position.

Cronulla with 4 out, could lose to Dogs.
Broncos in Auckland.
Roosters in Canberra.

Favourable draw - yes.
ALSGI were you the legend that put 80 bucks on dragons to win the comp at 100-1? Someone did, I can't remember who...

ALSGI

Bench
ALSGI were you the legend that put 80 bucks on dragons to win the comp at 100-1? Someone did, I can't remember who...
Crush
Yep, only it was $100 at 82-1 mate.
I've never backed them to win the comp before, but couldn't resist these odds. Honestly didn't think we'd go well but I was reading about Leicester FC, Trump and was it the USA Footy or Baseball team that won against all odds?
Anyway, a lazy afternoon, a bourbon or two and I foolishly put $100 on us at $82. I'm not a betting man so it was weird. Still haven't had the gonads to tell my missus.
Also I had hoped at the start of the year that our promising juniors would change things around, and that duds like Widdop, Lafai etc would finally be dumped!! Thought Mary would be gone by Round 3 and Cleary would save us.
Like someone said at the time I had more money than sense.

Crush

Coach
Crush
I've never backed them to win the comp before, but couldn't resist these odds. Honestly didn't think we'd go well but I was reading about Leicester FC, Trump and was it the USA Footy or Baseball team that won against all odds?
Anyway, a lazy afternoon, a bourbon or two and I foolishly put $100 on us at $82. I'm not a betting man so it was weird. Still haven't had the gonads to tell my missus.
Also I had hoped at the start of the year that our promising juniors would change things around, and that duds like Widdop, Lafai etc would finally be dumped!! Thought Mary would be gone by Round 3 and Cleary would save us.
I was with you on widdop and lafai.
They had to go! Now they have to stay!

Crush

2017 Round 12 - Dragons 2nd-5th

I am interested in the top 6 at the end of round 12... as it can be a pointer for some end of year predictions

Without going too far back..

From memory over the last 7 years .. only 2 teams (excluding storm 2010) in the top 6 at round 12, failed to make the top 8 by years end. Thus 40 teams out of 42 went on to play semis.

Hopefully, the stats remain on our side...

The downside .. the premiers for at least the last 7 years have come from a team in the top 4 after round 12. Although as mention, we could be inside 4 by end round.

Storm 3.65

Broncos 6.50

Sharks. 8.00

Roosters. 7.50

Dragons. 21.00

Regardless.. A great start for the season... a fired up, happy group.. and a reasonable second half draw.

A top 4 finish is not off the cards ...and then you just never know.

Anyway, good luck on your wager.. you have big overs now... and some advice from an old bloke.. If you win, some things are best left untold.

Last edited:

Latest posts