What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourites for the wooden spoon......

Swampdonkey

Juniors
I sure am glad i am not a sharks supporter, they are fkd.

The way they are going they will be lucky to win another game this year......

Not only are they an ordinary side, but they have no discipline whatsoever. Players getting sent of, players get put on report, players getting penalised for head high tackles, it just never seems to end with the Sharks.

Anyone who thinks that Kimmorley will be playing representative football this year is kidding themselves.

skeepe

Immortal
I disagree on the Sea Eagles. Sharks are clear favourites. Any team that makes 62 mistakes in a game (errors + missed tackles) will have a struggle to even stay close to the worst teams in the comp.

SaintTPP

First Grade
The sharks are definately the leaders for the wooden spoon, they play without any heart or pride what so ever!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just laugh at them.

t-ba

Post Whore
Still a bit early.

Sharks, Sea Eagles and Cowboys are in a Break away group at the Foot of the table though atm. If the Cowboys continue playing like they did tonight they won't go anywhere near the eight but they'll stay well clear of the spoon.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Kimmorley and Vagana on report for high shots.

Could be another trip to the judicary for Steve Rogers and co this week.

Hurriflatch

Referee
When do the Sharks and Eagles next play (if they do play again)

I'm kinda hoping it is round 26 could get a big crowd to that game as the loser could well end up with the spoon.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
I have noticed that people seem to be forgetting about Souths.

They have only won 2 games against this same Sharks outfit that were hammered by the Cowboys and against the Wests Tigers who mentally can't seem to get themselves up against the Rabbitohs, having only won once since the beginning of 2000.....

I think Souths will be a close second for the wooden spoon, once they play a few good sides and a few injuries start to happen the wheels should fall off. But Cronulla are well and truly on their own at the moment.

Mambo

Juniors
Swampdonkey said:

They have only won 2 games against this same Sharks outfit that were hammered by the Cowboys and against the Wests Tigers who mentally can't seem to get themselves up against the Rabbitohs, having only won once since the beginning of 2000.....

I think Souths will be a close second for the wooden spoon, once they play a few good sides and a few injuries start to happen the wheels should fall off. But Cronulla are well and truly on their own at the moment.

Well we can agree to disagree. I think after we play Parramatta we will have a clear indication of how souths are going. I am going to keep the faith. Based on what I have seen, souths can win between 8-12 games this year easily.

Damn, just when i thought i would read a thread about the wooden spoon without a mention of souths......and the last post ruins it. :x

Hurriflatch

Referee
Souths form over the next month or so will decide their fate. If they fail to win more then 1 game in their next five which are v Eels, Storm, Bulldogs, Knights and Panthers then they will become once again favorites for the spoon.

Souths have not really played anyone this year (that they have managed to beat)

The lost to the Roosters, got a contriversal win v Tigers (a team they have now beaten last last 4 times they have played if you include trials) and a win v Sharks but they are judging on current form the worst team in the comp.

Their opponents this week Parramatta have a 50% record this year but have played 4 teams who made the top 8 in 2003 and many people think could win the premiership this year or at very least give it a big shake in the Bulldogs, Broncos, Knights and Raiders with only the Knights game being played at Parramatta Stadium.

t-ba

Post Whore
It's really too hard to pick a spoon favourite atm.

in 2002, could you have gone past the Northern Eagles for the spoon at the conclusion of round 5, or for that matter, did you see the sharks winning more than couple of games after 5 rounds last year?

Eddie.

Bench
I think the spoon in an open race this year

Favourites-

Sharks
Manly
Souths

Wild cards

Tigers
Cowboys
Knights ( doubt it though after watching them tonight)

if your an average side you need veteren leadership, discipline and to be able to control the ball. at least do the simple things right, the tigers and souths are doing this alot better than manly and cronulla

my tip - Manly for the spoon with 5 wins

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Northwest Rabbit said:
Swampdonkey said:

Well we can agree to disagree. I think after we play Parramatta we will have a clear indication of how souths are going. I am going to keep the faith. Based on what I have seen, souths can win between 8-12 games this year easily.

Damn, just when i thought i would read a thread about the wooden spoon without a mention of souths......and the last post ruins it. :x

Sorry to mention it Northwest, i hope the Rabbitohs do well, i am just a little skeptical about their chances having watched my Tigers get off to a good start almost every year since 2000, only to fade away due to injuries, lack of depth and lack of consistency, ALL the factors that separate the good sides from the not so good sides....

Manly. Sharks beat them easily despite playing woefully.

And Cronulla had plenty of players out tonight - Stevens, Beattie (out from the first minute), Lomu, Gallen (starting front rowers and second rowers), Merritt, Bird.

Knightmare

Coach
I think the spoon will be headed towards the Shire, on current form. But it's early days yet. Back in 1955, halfway through the season Souths were coming last. But from then on they won every game, including the Grand Final :shock: League is a funny game like that...

Swampdonkey

Juniors
eternaltreblinka said:
Manly. Sharks beat them easily despite playing woefully.

And Cronulla had plenty of players out tonight - Stevens, Beattie (out from the first minute), Lomu, Gallen (starting front rowers and second rowers), Merritt, Bird.

None of those players mentioned are really getting me excited about Cronulla's chances, although i do agree having two of your main props out is a bit of a hinderence.

Cronulla were hammered tonight, at their home ground by a previously winless North Queensland outfit

It should be a good contest between Cronulla, Manly and Souths for the spoon, but at this early stage i can't take my money off the Sharks. They take ill-discipline and stupidity to a new level......

Latest posts