What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fewest wins in a season (NRL era)

TheDalek079

Bench
Currently, the worst season in the NRL era is just 3 wins. Done by Wests (1999), Souffs (2003) and Souffs (2006).

With three games to go this season, Newcastle have had just one win and a draw.

Will Newcastle end 2016 with the fewest wins in a season in the NRL era?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I can’t see them winning 2 out of the next 3. The Titans will account for them next week and while the Bunnies and Dragons haven’t been great, they aren’t Newcastle bad.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Maybe this explains Souffs resurgent form, they don't want to drop a game to Newcastle and risk not losing their two "worst season" records!

Next season will probably be the worst in the NRL era, with the knights beating their own record and getting 0 wins.

perverse

Referee
Ha, you guys think this year is good. Wait 'til you see our dross next year. Unbelievable, but I don't think we've hit bottom yet. I can only definitely say that a single one of our many 20 year olds has actually improved this season (Sione Mata'utia), and our star recruit is looking to be Rory Kostjasyn... if we can even pull off that "coup".

When you say it can't get much worse, what you're actually saying is that you can't imagine it getting much worse. I say you lack imagination.

TIGER14

Bench
Ha, you guys think this year is good. Wait 'til you see our dross next year. Unbelievable, but I don't think we've hit bottom yet. I can only definitely say that a single one of our many 20 year olds has actually improved this season (Sione Mata'utia), and our star recruit is looking to be Rory Kostjasyn... if we can even pull off that "coup".

When you say it can't get much worse, what you're actually saying is that you can't imagine it getting much worse. I say you lack imagination.

Saifiti boys went alright.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No they won't win another game, but they're still not the worst team. For me 1999 Wests are still the worst team of the NRL era.

Knights will win the spoon next year IMO, but I don't think it will be all bad. They have some talent floating around and it's amazing how much some players can develop over an off season. Hopefully for the Knights sake a couple of them will bridge the gap between potential and performance.

macavity

Referee
No they won't win another game, but they're still not the worst team. For me 1999 Wests are still the worst team of the NRL era.

Knights will win the spoon next year IMO, but I don't think it will be all bad. They have some talent floating around and it's amazing how much some players can develop over an off season. Hopefully for the Knights sake a couple of them will bridge the gap between potential and performance.

Wishe we shared your optimism. The problem isn't the kids on the bus (they aren't world beaters, but they try), it's that we have no competent adults to drive the bus.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
How much money are the board members getting?
If gidley is on any more the $50 a week it shameful.
And yes they will be worse the 99 wests if they don't win more than 3 games.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Imagine being the one team that lost to them? Lol@Tigpies. And lol@Faiders who tried bloody hard to do it twice.

Hawkins

Juniors
I supported wests that season when I was younger and lived out there and before the merger

yobbo84

First Grade
I think the real question is... can Jarrod Croker (240 points) score more points in 2016 than the Knights (261 points)?

Latest posts