What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Surely

Post Whore
Barba has lost speed dout he will get back to the glory years

No way I'd be holding back Holmes from fullback next year, potential superstar give him the whole season there

Barba can have a wing spot

jason taylor

Bench
Barba has lost speed dout he will get back to the glory years

No way I'd be holding back Holmes from fullback next year, potential superstar give him the whole season there

Barba can have a wing spot

Hopefully Flanagan realises this. It's time for Holmes to shine at fullback next year.

chewsta

First Grade
If we only ended up with one of Maloney or The Chad, Barbs could have slipped into halfback. I like Barbs but I dont see him ending up anywhere but on the wing next year.
Which I dont think will work because he needs to be around the ball at all times.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Just "slightly" off thread topic (and Benny of course) but I would have loved to have seen Gagan fit and on the wing this year. Nu Brown is another bloke I would have loved to have seen develop this year. Anyone know what is going on with those blokes?

Just "slightly" off thread topic (and Benny of course) but I would have loved to have seen Gagan fit and on the wing this year. Nu Brown is another bloke I would have loved to have seen develop this year. Anyone know what is going on with those blokes?

Whenever you see the cameras pan to the injured players in the grand stand Nu Brown is always there and with a smile on his face.

Damn shame what happened to him in the Auckland Nines.

What an impact player he would have been off the bench.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery from his knee injury.

I believe Gagan did his Achilles which is another horrible injury to recover from.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Whenever you see the cameras pan to the injured players in the grand stand Nu Brown is always there and with a smile on his face.

Damn shame what happened to him in the Auckland Nines.

What an impact player he would have been off the bench.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery from his knee injury.

I believe Gagan did his Achilles which is another horrible injury to recover from.

Cheers mate.

I remember both those blokes as highlights from the dark days of the tale end of last season.

Blokes like that on the books and Maloney next year is exciting (perhaps not as exciting as TC coming on board but without the time bomb feeling).

If David Fifita can step up to a break out year and we have 2 Fifita weapons in the middle I think we almost have a Sharks dream team squad going on.

Snap back to reality (and right now) very happy to have Andrew Fifita fit as a fiddle for the finals may he cause pure mayhem.

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
I hope they have kept Andrew busy, his match fitness will be suffering and finals footy will be even tougher.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's only a waste because Flanno hooks a back.

I am of the belief that if we brought Barba on for a forward and played Bird as an edge backrower it would be better.

Or if we hooked a forward for him and let him roam. Bird could still defend on the edge that way, or in the middle.

Barba didn't defend poorly out wide in his games.

I just feel that hooking someone like Feki in a semi-final would turn out to be a major mistake.

Agree with all this.

It would be madness to replace a back - they are all in form & producing points.

I do want Barba there because we probably need more x-factor. Having said that though, Fifita will provide that. Maybe putting a not fully fit & not in-form Barba there might disrupt the good team balance we seem to have at the moment.

chewsta

First Grade
I think Barbs would slot in easily, the team is winning and full of confidence so the pressure would be off him to produce the miracle plays. All he would have to do is trail behind the big boppers all day long for the offloads. But again, who misses out for him to get a run.

Just think 12 months ago we were all screaming for Backs, now we could field a whole team of just backs, and all decent players too.

squiddy

Juniors
good blue in the pen riff u17s GF , maybe there is a problem with the referees out there after all

Card Shark

Immortal
Just think 12 months ago we were all screaming for Backs, now we could field a whole team of just backs, and all decent players too.

With Beale, Barba, Holmes & Bird, we have strengthened our backline immeasurably.

The other thing is, these guys have lifted the standard of others, with the team in form as you say & pressure for positions.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Agree with all this.

It would be madness to replace a back - they are all in form & producing points.

I do want Barba there because we probably need more x-factor. Having said that though, Fifita will provide that. Maybe putting a not fully fit & not in-form Barba there might disrupt the good team balance we seem to have at the moment.

Although it makes sense for Jack Bird to shuffle into the forwards, from day one he has been told he will only play in the backs.

Thats how we got his signature and thats one of the reasons why he wanted out from the drags

Craigshark

First Grade
Can Feki move into the second row for 10-15 minutes when Barba fist comes on?

I hate bringing a back off for Barba.. It's a waste.

Ricey

Juniors
Has anyone heard anything about an injury to A. Fifita? He uploaded a photo on Instagram an hour ago with a moon boot on??

coolumsharkie

Referee
I just looked at his page, there is nothing of the sort. Just the usual Tom Foolery that you would expect from him.