What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final verdict on Copley

Snappy

Coach
And maybe Pearce, but I'd prefer Wallace over him for the Broncos.

All the other quality halves in the comp are playing five eighth.

diddi kong

Juniors
9 who would be better halfbacks at the broncos than wallace
Cronk
Dce
Thurston
Carney
Pearce
Prince
Johnson
Maloney
Walsh

Hornby would also go close, Sandow is worse

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Carney and Maloney are five eigths.

Prince is past it.

Johnson isn't reliable.

Pearce is on level with Wallace.

diddi kong

Juniors
Johnson isn't reliable

You would take Peter Wallace over Shaun Johnson!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Prince is better in a worse team, good direction and vision, and Pearce is just better, no question about it.

AceAv

Juniors
Prince is an Origin player man. Sure he is probably in 2d gear mode being at the shytans, but he pulls out some great plays still.

Hard to compare Halfbacks. It really does depend on the pack they have to work with. A good 7 is adaptive to all of this and I think Wallace is finally adapting.

diddi kong

Juniors
I agree, Wallace is improving but not one of the form halfbacks in the comp.

It really does depend on the pack they have to work with

Also no one would disagree with saying that Wallace is far more lucky than most halfbacks in that aspect

Big Pete

Referee
You would take Peter Wallace over Shaun Johnson!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Prince is better in a worse team, good direction and vision, and Pearce is just better, no question about it.

Right now? Definitely. A couple of good plays doesn't make a good halfback. Johnson has a lot to learn and right now he's not as good as Wal.

No he isn't, his decision making is terrible and his attack has been terrible. Titans pack is actually good this year, but Prince is just plain past it.

Plenty questions about it. Pearce's involvement isn't anywhere near as good as Wallace and he hasn't been a match winner for a long time...unlike Wallace.

I would only take cronk and thrusting over Wallace. That's it. DCE is in for a hard fall. We'll see how Johnson goes next year without maloney. Saying Pearce is better than Wallace is just stupid.

Snappy

Coach
9 who would be better halfbacks at the broncos than wallace
Cronk
Dce
Thurston
Carney
Pearce
Prince
Johnson
Maloney
Walsh

Hornby would also go close, Sandow is worse

You cant count Maloney. Othewise you would have to include Thurston and Benji as well which we arnt cause we talking current half backs. Also Pete is correct and Carney is also playing five eighth so rules him out aswell.

At the moment I would take Johnson over Wallace as that would give us two inexperiened halves, and in some games Johnson has been a turnstyle in defence.

I also rate Wallace over Prince and Pearce, and havent seen enough of Walsh lately to judge.

Snappy

Coach
Prince is an Origin player man. Sure he is probably in 2d gear mode being at the shytans, but he pulls out some great plays still.

Was an origin player.

Prince is over the hill and his best is looong behind him.

Mr Saab

Referee

Prince couldnt pull shit out of his arse after eating 2kg of dates and prunes

G.I.

Juniors
I would only take cronk and thrusting over Wallace. That's it. DCE is in for a hard fall. We'll see how Johnson goes next year without maloney. Saying Pearce is better than Wallace is just stupid.

I am not even going to waste my time thinking of something to say to you.. after a post like this you just don't deserve my time.

diddi kong

Juniors
You are all blind, anyone who thinks wallace is better than DCE, Johnson or Pearce is absolutely clueless.

Pearce hasn't been a match winner for a long time
Sorry can you remind me who sparked the winning play roosters vs souths round 1

IBA

Juniors
Pearce had a good season in 2010. Otherwise he's been pretty average.

I think you are absolutely clueless as to what makes a good player diddi. Absolutely clueless. A couple of nice highlight packages (Johnson for example) does not make a good player. He's a kid with talent, no doubt, but you would be idiotic to put him into the broncs right now.

Snappy

Coach
You are all blind, anyone who thinks wallace is better than DCE, Johnson or Pearce is absolutely clueless.

Sorry can you remind me who sparked the winning play roosters vs souths round 1

Not one person has said Wallace is better than DCE

diddi kong

Juniors
You cant count Maloney. Othewise you would have to include Thurston and Benji
Firstly, I did include Thurston, secondly I said who would do a better job, that means people who are capable of being a better halfback....

Pearce is better than Wallace in a dogballs team, has done a better job than Wallace in SOO and continually gets picked over him for NSW, and will get picked over him again this year.