What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally an article that got it right

South Sydney coach Michael Maguire says he is concerned about the welfare of Greg Inglis after the superstar fullback was the repeated victim of lifting tackles in Friday's 20-12 win over Manly.

Inglis was the victim of dangerous throws from Sea Eagle Richie Fa'aoso in the 19th and 44th minute of the Rabbitohs round seven win.

The interchange forward was placed on report for both tackles, the second of which looked bad enough to warrant dismissal, and is likely to cop a lengthy suspension.

Inglis was also the victim of a Jason King lifting tackle in the 23rd minute which is sure to come under the scrutiny of the NRL match review panel.

NSW and Australia representative Inglis was also the victim of a round four lifting tackle from Krisnan Inu which resulted in a five-match suspension for the Canterbury centre.

In the post-match press conference at Brookvale Oval the usually reserved Maguire voiced his concerns.

"At the end of the day what does it take for someone to be sent off?" he asked.

"Greg was dropped on his head three times in the game and it has happened on various occasions in other games.

"I think it is an area where you have to protect your players. It's just madness it has got to this point. I'm concerned about all my players if this sort of thing is going on.

"Everyone is obviously targeting the best players in the game. If it is going to happen ... we have rules. If you get dropped on your head we need to make sure we are looking after these players.

"I'm talking about these things but I really want to be talking about the team effort tonight."

http://www.nrl.com/souths-concerned-for-ingliss-safety/tabid/10874/newsid/71945/default.aspx

Latest posts