What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Penrith fan

Juniors
Yes it will be "excluded" by the same so called LU "experts" who, when it comes to crowds at home games, always want to exclude the ANZAC Day games when it's hosted by the Roosters. It just doesn't fit their narratives....

Makes me wonder if that's where Donald Trump got his playbook from about altering the facts to fit the narrative o_O
Trump becoming POTUS won't stop what is deeply entrenched for the globalists to do in the end. He may slow it down some, but the end result will always remain with the people as to what they will or won't accept. WHO, Davos, the World Economic Forum and all the globalists who want control.

And going by the looks of things a lot of people are still struggling in understanding what DJT is fighting every day. An Octigon with multiples arms and unless the head is destroyed completely those arms as much has you chop one off another grows to take its place.

Starting a rule and rewarding developing young players through salary cap relief is only going to entrench the status quo today, and the league wants more parity rather than less.

Perhaps a solution would be to announce this is going to start in [5] years time? Give teams enough time to get their ass into gear. The challenge would be making the clubs beleive it will actually be implemented at that time.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's Gosford where we have and continue to invest significant resources in to junior development via CC roosters pathways.

The CC roosters are strong throughout the grades in both men's and women's with a fair bit of talent likely to make first grade (Sandon Smith a current example) but no doubt we won't get credit for that as "junior development"
Here you go, part of a comment in a different thread.

The size of the Junior base means shit, other clubs cherry pick it to an extent (Sualli, Schuster, Katoa among others) and we also get kids from well outside the geographical area. According to Benny on 360 last night the Tigers catchment is actually bigger (Havent verified it, but that what he said)

Roosters and Storms geographical catchment would both fit on the same postage stamp, but both do an amazing job of identifying unknown kids from other areas and developing them into first graders. Roosters also supplement that with signing big names, but that is a different conversation. I hate the Storm as much as any sane person, but I still believe they were hard done by with the cap thing. Sure they broke the rules and it is what it is, but the stupid system is what allowed it. They developed all those players, other clubs all had just as good a shot it them if not better, but Storm put in the work and got punished for it.

You say we need to sit down and relax. Maybe we should make bred not bought T Shirts like some numpty club did in the 2000's cant for the life of me recall who it was, maybe you can help me? They lost 3 or 4 players iirc.

In closing you should all be really sucking our dicks and saying thank you. If it wasn't for the clubs that put in the resources to find and develop players the rest of the shit clubs would have nothing to pay overs for. In the case of your club they at least are now putting the systems in place to get back to developing instead of raping the hardworking clubs.

**By "our" I dont just mean us, Roosters, Storm, Knights, Raiders, Cows, Warriors & Broncos (eeww) deserve a bit of love too.

Wb1234

Referee
Starting a rule and rewarding developing young players through salary cap relief is only going to entrench the status quo today, and the league wants more parity rather than less.

Perhaps a solution would be to announce this is going to start in [5] years time? Give teams enough time to get their ass into gear. The challenge would be making the clubs beleive it will actually be implemented at that time.
Nah the bludger clubs should be punished via mediocre nrl form

let Penrith win 11 straight till the rest pull their collective finger out and invest

Penrith fan

Juniors

The Sydney Roosters have pulled off a major signing coup, beating Penrith to the services of David Fifita on a deal worth $3.3 million over four years.
The Panthers’ offer of $2.55 million over three years wasn’t enough to get the deal across the line despite both Nathan and Ivan Cleary speaking to Fifita in the past 24 hours.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Missed out on Fifita, uncle Nick strikes again

Am not in the least bit surprised actually.

As soon as the Chooks entered the race for Fifita’s sig I knew we were an outside to no chance at all.

We have issues attracting big name players from rival clubs, hence why we rely on our Junior development pathways so much.

Another reason why I whole heartedly agree with Ivan on the issue of compensation for local juniors lost to other clubs.

Valheru

Coach
Am not in the least bit surprised actually.

As soon as the Chooks entered the race for Fifita’s sig I knew we were an outside to no chance at all.

We have issues attracting big name players from rival clubs, hence why we rely on our Junior development pathways so much.

Another reason why I whole heartedly agree with Ivan on the issue of compensation for local juniors lost to other clubs.
According to James Hooper (yes grain of salt I know), roosters were first to the negotiating table but who knows.

Pantherjim.

Referee
According to James Hooper (yes grain of salt I know), roosters were first to the negotiating table but who knows.

Well, if that’s true, that means we were even less of a chance.

Quick tour of the club’s facilities plus a vacant condo in Bondi, Tamarama or Waverley with beachfront views followed by champagne and canapé’s = gone for all money.

Brian Fletcher and Ivan need not have wasted their time.

Oh, and you can keep Angus : he’s too old.

All clubs are going to sign players from outside its own pathways. It is highly rare to be able to provide enough quality players in all positions all the time. That's a fact of life in just about every sport worldwide.

I can still remember after the generation of Ella, Kenny, Grothe at Parramatta they though tjust by using its own juniors, they didn't need to recruit from outside. Problem was, those guys were "once in a generation" talents. It's what confined them to mediocrity for quite a while.

Last edited:

Penrith fan

Juniors
its more like the Panthers shouldn't have to give up ground they have gained due to better processes

it shouldn't be a communist system.

if you find a niche in the market, like the Panthers have, you should be allowed to use it to prosper not have to give up when you have developed to those who are mediocre.

its more like the Panthers shouldn't have to give up ground they have gained due to better processes

it shouldn't be a communist system.

if you find a niche in the market, like the Panthers have, you should be allowed to use it to prosper not have to give up when you have developed to those who are mediocre.

If the stars took unders to keep the team together they could but now aday everyone wants the money which is fair enough as careers aren't long.

Latest posts