What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire Up For The Semis!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/news.asp?num=9633

Dragons supporters: time to get in early!
Written by: Dragon Army
13/09/2005

As the second-highest ranking winners from the weekend's semi-finals, the mighty Saints have been afforded a weeks break before we play the Preliminary Semi at the SFS on Saturday 24th September.

As such, we have a full week's jump on the supporters of either Brisbane or Wests Tigers to get tickets as we KNOW we'll be there. The SFS has always been a sea of red-and-white come finals time since the place was opened & this is now a golden opportunity to make it happen again.

Buy your tickets NOW. The Dragon Army will be in it's traditional home behind the posts, under the scoreboard (Bays 22, 23, 26). Phone Ticketek on 132 849 or visit a store at the website:
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=NRLAUSSI05

We are 80 minutes away from the Grand Final - so be there!! Make sure you wear your Red Vee & FIRE UP!!

Godz Illa

Coach
Southernsaint said:
We are 80 minutes away from the Grand Final - so be there!!
Heck yes, 80 minutes baby! I've got my ticket and will be there with bells on and my red v.

Hutty1986

Immortal
That's if the Tigers beat the Broncos, they have a pretty poor record against them

If we improve on last weeks scrappy effort, i'm confident we'll beat either side

Jamesy

Juniors
da_sharks said:
the tigers will be very tough considering your team will have a week off...

Who says we'll be playin da Tigers?? i reckon we'll be playin the Broncos

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well the Wests Tigers Fanatics are trying to jump the queue in the seating. A bit of hoo-har happening after they read the article.

A whole stadium to available and they want the same bays. LOL

All it means is that Saints supporters have to get out and buy their tickets early. Doesn't matter who we play as long as we make the SFS red and white!

Godz Illa

Coach
We're also officially (according to Sportstab) on the hard side of the draw. The Cowboys at $15 and Storm a $11 are on the Eels side.

betting.gif

I've ticked the winning box though.

Heck yes.

Willow said:
Well the Wests Tigers Fanatics are trying to jump the queue in the seating. A bit of hoo-har happening after they read the article.

A whole stadium to available and they want the same bays. LOL

All it means is that Saints supporters have to get out and buy their tickets early. Doesn't matter who we play as long as we make the SFS red and white!

lol they wanted to split the Northern End - there's like 20 of them, who do they think they are?

They've now decided to retreat to the Southern End. Good desicion fellas.

Btw you comming down Willow?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure yet... there's a few issues of importance to get through. Would be great though. I should know in a few days.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Godz Illa said:
We're also officially (according to Sportstab) on the hard side of the draw. The Cowboys at $15 and Storm a $11 are on the Eels side.
I saw that yesterday and made the same conclusion Godz Illa.

What I can't understand is how we're still the premiership favourites.

You'd think with the weekend results and the easier run that Parra have, that they'd be shorter odds by now. Apparently the punters still don't see it that way.

Chanandalar

Juniors
What bay is they army going to be in, apparently the TigPies Fanatics have reserved the bays that the army has ALWAYS been in for the finals matches, Under the Big Scoreboard. Saints fans have already bought seats in that section, so is that where the Army (The real one, not this tigpies one) will be?

Chanandalar said:
What bay is they army going to be in, apparently the TigPies Fanatics have reserved the bays that the army has ALWAYS been in for the finals matches, Under the Big Scoreboard. Saints fans have already bought seats in that section, so is that where the Army (The real one, not this tigpies one) will be?

I'm pretty sure they'll f/o to the other end but if you have'nt already bought tickets and wanted to stand with the army buy into 22 or 21 if you can. That's where they where planning on taking over but we've got a weeks jump on them so it should be should okay.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Chanandalar said:

The Wastes Tigers can f**k off to the Southern End, as far as I am concerned. The SFS = Saints Football Stadium

sh*t ON, sh*t ON, sh*t ON THE TIGERS BELOW, BELOW!!

Eddie.

Bench
Tigers have probably been the only team to really trouble the Dragons this year. In both games Marshall and Hodgson really carved up and our unpredictable style of play saw alot of clean breaks and a very easy victory at Kogarah.

I think the Dragons would easily dispose of the Broncos as the Dragons defense would be asked fewer questions and eventually the Broncs would tire. The Tigers still have the ability to crumble but unlike the Broncos a brilliant 20-30 minutes minutes from the Tigers can mean 4 or 5 tries like at Kogarah and game over for the Saints.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Eddie. said:
Tigers have probably been the only team to really trouble the Dragons this year. In both games Marshall and Hodgson really carved up and our unpredictable style of play saw alot of clean breaks and a very easy victory at Kogarah.

I think the Dragons would easily dispose of the Broncos as the Dragons defense would be asked fewer questions and eventually the Broncs would tire. The Tigers still have the ability to crumble but unlike the Broncos a brilliant 20-30 minutes minutes from the Tigers can mean 4 or 5 tries like at Kogarah and game over for the Saints.

A brilliant 10 minutes for Saints will put the game beyone=d Wastes Tigers.

Saints are too big & too strong...

Hutty1986

Immortal
The Tigers beat us at Kogarah when there was no Gasnier, plus a few other injuries; and even then after we played like sh*t they only beat us by 8

They out 50 on the Cowboys but the Nth Qld defence can be an abosolute shambles at times

weasel

First Grade
Gasnier was playing, actually. But Barrett was out and so was Head, and Hornby got injured near the beginning. We were playing without halves (Ennis and Gasnier, and Gorrell off the bench, ended up filling the roles). Regardless, I still think the Tigers are our biggest threat, they racked up fast points against us in our first clash this season as well and seem to have the key to unlocking our defense. But, it's also worth noting that we seem to score points on Wests more easily than we do any other side, we've been on the back foot in both games, blitzed early by frenetic Tigers starts, but when we've seemed to focus the tries have flowed pretty easily. If we play each other in the preliminary final it might be a high scoring game.

Eddie.

Bench
Southernsaint said:
A brilliant 10 minutes for Saints will put the game beyone=d Wastes Tigers.

Saints are too big & too strong...

Brilliant 10 minutes didnt put you within range at Kogarah, tigers were already in the sheds by then.

Geez calling us Wastes, that cuts deep, very imaginative as well:roll:

LOL, too big too strong, heard that from the Cowboys last week, oh and the Sharks were meant to bash us a few week back.

Lucky for Saints your not coach and Brown might have a slightly more detailed game plan.

Latest posts