What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire Up For The Semis!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Eddie. said:
Brilliant 10 minutes didnt put you within range at Kogarah, tigers were already in the sheds by then.

Geez calling us Wastes, that cuts deep, very imaginative as well:roll:

LOL, too big too strong, heard that from the Cowboys last week, oh and the Sharks were meant to bash us a few week back.

Lucky for Saints your not coach and Brown might have a slightly more detailed game plan.

Weren't you leading us 18-6 at Telstra & we ran you down??

Tigers are a media myth & the bandwagon will be de-railed by Saints should you manage to beat Brisbane.

WASTES!!

SHD

Juniors
Eddie. said:
Brilliant 10 minutes didnt put you within range at Kogarah, tigers were already in the sheds by then.

Geez calling us Wastes, that cuts deep, very imaginative as well:roll:

LOL, too big too strong, heard that from the Cowboys last week, oh and the Sharks were meant to bash us a few week back.

Lucky for Saints your not coach and Brown might have a slightly more detailed game plan.

hahha
Cowboys and sharks :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
Hutty1986 said:
That's if the Tigers beat the Broncos, they have a pretty poor record against them

If we improve on last weeks scrappy effort, i'm confident we'll beat either side

Well the Cowboys beat Brisbane in the semis last year, despite having never beaten them in 9 seasons.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Knightmare said:
Well the Cowboys beat Brisbane in the semis last year, despite having never beaten them in 9 seasons.

Indeed they did. I think the thing is, i'd just rather us play the Broncos

But either way if we play to their potential, we should win

Willow

Assistant Moderator
weasel said:
Gasnier was playing, actually. But Barrett was out and so was Head, and Hornby got injured near the beginning. We were playing without halves (Ennis and Gasnier, and Gorrell off the bench, ended up filling the roles). Regardless, I still think the Tigers are our biggest threat, they racked up fast points against us in our first clash this season as well and seem to have the key to unlocking our defense. But, it's also worth noting that we seem to score points on Wests more easily than we do any other side, we've been on the back foot in both games, blitzed early by frenetic Tigers starts, but when we've seemed to focus the tries have flowed pretty easily. If we play each other in the preliminary final it might be a high scoring game.
I remember the day well. Saints had no halves playing that day. Scott Prince was given a free run.
That won't happen again.

On a side note... at half time, old Billy Smith was seen joking about behind the stand. A fan lamenting our poor showing approached and said, "no halves Billy... no halves!" Billy smiled and replied, "well I'm not going out there..."

glory79

Juniors
Hutty1986 said:
Indeed they did. I think the thing is, i'd just rather us play the Broncos

But either way if we play to their potential, we should win

Correct, and thats the way the team should look at it. I still hope they bash each other this weekend and I will be there to watch it.

Great quote from a parra assistant coach during the week when asked about the pros and cons of having the week off:

"Well, the pros are we cant lose and we cant get any injuries"!!

Amen

Southernsaint

Staff member
BUMP

Just bumping this back up - as of this afternoon we'll know who our opponents are next Saturday. Get your tickets ASAP & Fire Up!!

Godz Illa

Coach
Flashback to last year guys. The Cowboys came from outside the top four to play the minor premiers in the preliminary final. The minor premiers won a close game, but lost the grand final 7 days later. History to repeat itself? Imo heck yes.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Can tickets be brought now? If not, where/when can they be brought now that the match participants have been decided?

Rexxy

Coach
get on the net with a credit card NOW... ticketek.com.au

Immortal said:
Can tickets be brought now? If not, where/when can they be brought now that the match participants have been decided?

Godz Illa

Coach
A crew of 10 friends and I organised our tickets almost a month ago, and it was just through sheer dumb luck it turned out to be a Saints game. Good omen? Imo heck yes.

Eddie.

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Weren't you leading us 18-6 at Telstra & we ran you down??

Tigers are a media myth & the bandwagon will be de-railed by Saints should you manage to beat Brisbane.

WASTES!!

Toot Toot!!!