What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Home Owners

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Was wondering for anyone out there who has bought using the first home owners grant. What were you required to show to indicate that you took the 6 month residency requirement?

Considering applying for it but dont know the feesability of me meeting the residency requirement!

Cheers

Fatdog

Juniors
The requirements in NSW are pretty easy to meet. You only have to show a few bills to show you lived there. Even if you are going to rent it out you should live in it for the first 6 months. it might be a struggle but if you weigh up what you get from the grant as opposed to what rent you would recieve in the 6 months there is no contest.

In NSW on a $300k purchase

Grant $7k
Stamp Duty Savings $11k (approx)
Total $18,000

as opossed to

Rent Recieved over 6 months @ $300pw = $7800

Schillaci

Juniors
You can do it the dodgy way. I have a mate who every few days goes in and turns on the lights at runs the taps

The requirements are on the form, get them and have a looksie...

It's money available so why not take what the government are throwing at you..

Yes, living there for 6 months is a must, we got the follow up letter around 8 Months after we signed the morgage..

Check out the fixed interest rates, this rate hike is hammering me....

Been in the house for just over 12 Months and i've had 3 rises, another expected before christmas, Merry foiking christmas..

Simo

First Grade
The first election when I did it it was great - there was no minimum time officially required, I checked with about a million accountants to be sure and also rang the hotline.. I could literally have lived there for a day and moved out. Stayed 6 months though.

Though now I believe it is 6 months and bills are the normal way of showing you live there.