What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

taipan

Referee
He's complete;y incapable of acknowledging the awful truth,he was dudded at the end of the evolutionary queue.
The tree could not decide whether he was a hippo, sloth,aardvark,or a subterranean slug.Thus he became a combo of all, and today we see the Aussie version of the abominable Snowman.
One thing for sure he's flipping abominable.

images

Look I am all in favour of third-party agreements in rugby league helping to boost the income of the players, beyond the Roosters salary cap, or salary sombrero, as Andrew Webster refers to it.

But is it me, or is it a seriously low-rent look when the Roosters release their team list for the weekend’s match thus:

UPDATED ROUND 2 SQUAD
1. James Tedesco – brought to you by ACFS
2. Daniel Tupou – brought to you by Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs
3. Latrell Mitchell – brought to you by Pacific Mortgage Group
4. Joseph Manu – brought to you by Flash Freight
5. Blake Ferguson – brought to you by Casella Express
6. Luke Keary – brought to you by RadioHub
7. Cooper Cronk – brought to you by etc...

This tweet from the British dual Olympian back-stroker Lizzie Simmons caught my attention this week:

“Lady in public lane: you’re very good at swimming you know.
Me: erm, thanks.
Lady: no seriously, you should try and do a trial with the county club!
Me: erm, well I actually went to a couple of Olympics.
Lady: me too! Which sports did you get manage to get tickets for?”

#nrl.”

Seriously, I think at this point, he was expecting the league throngs of NSW to jump to their feet and scream, “Yes! We want the grand final in Sydney for 25 years! We want it! We want it! We want it! Spend the $2.5 billion.”

But they didn’t. However it might have worked north of the Tweed, Sydney is just way too smart for that kind of awkward pandering, and Mr Beattie was savaged in response.

Typically undaunted, he was back at it the next day.

Advertisement
“Souths forward Tom Burgess,” Mr Beattie tweeted, “was asked about the stadium issue today. He said; ‘I think it (new stadia) is only good for the State as a whole. It means growth of the game, not just Rugby League but all sports and events… They have Ed Sheerin [sic] playing there tonight.’ #nrl”

Seriously, Peter?

Does that stuff really work in Queensland? I tell you what, it bloody well doesn’t work here.

In the words of one of the twitterati, “As soon as Brad Fittler has [leading economist] Saul Eastlake wearing the No 1 NSW Jersey I’ll listen to Tom Burgess on economics @SmartState1.”

Another noted: “Standby Pete. I understand there are some breaking comments by Kurtley Beale on the merits of the new airport at Badgery's Creek.”
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/sponsor-heavy-inductions-not-a-good-look-20180316-p4z4qc.html

taipan

Referee
Look I am all in favour of third-party agreements in rugby league helping to boost the income of the players, beyond the Roosters salary cap, or salary sombrero, as Andrew Webster refers to it.

But is it me, or is it a seriously low-rent look when the Roosters release their team list for the weekend’s match thus:

UPDATED ROUND 2 SQUAD
1. James Tedesco – brought to you by ACFS
2. Daniel Tupou – brought to you by Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs
3. Latrell Mitchell – brought to you by Pacific Mortgage Group
4. Joseph Manu – brought to you by Flash Freight
5. Blake Ferguson – brought to you by Casella Express
6. Luke Keary – brought to you by RadioHub
7. Cooper Cronk – brought to you by etc...

This tweet from the British dual Olympian back-stroker Lizzie Simmons caught my attention this week:

“Lady in public lane: you’re very good at swimming you know.
Me: erm, thanks.
Lady: no seriously, you should try and do a trial with the county club!
Me: erm, well I actually went to a couple of Olympics.
Lady: me too! Which sports did you get manage to get tickets for?”

#nrl.”

Seriously, I think at this point, he was expecting the league throngs of NSW to jump to their feet and scream, “Yes! We want the grand final in Sydney for 25 years! We want it! We want it! We want it! Spend the $2.5 billion.”

But they didn’t. However it might have worked north of the Tweed, Sydney is just way too smart for that kind of awkward pandering, and Mr Beattie was savaged in response.

Typically undaunted, he was back at it the next day.

Advertisement
“Souths forward Tom Burgess,” Mr Beattie tweeted, “was asked about the stadium issue today. He said; ‘I think it (new stadia) is only good for the State as a whole. It means growth of the game, not just Rugby League but all sports and events… They have Ed Sheerin [sic] playing there tonight.’ #nrl”

Seriously, Peter?

Does that stuff really work in Queensland? I tell you what, it bloody well doesn’t work here.

In the words of one of the twitterati, “As soon as Brad Fittler has [leading economist] Saul Eastlake wearing the No 1 NSW Jersey I’ll listen to Tom Burgess on economics @SmartState1.”

Another noted: “Standby Pete. I understand there are some breaking comments by Kurtley Beale on the merits of the new airport at Badgery's Creek.”
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/sponsor-heavy-inductions-not-a-good-look-20180316-p4z4qc.html

This is exactly the state of mind of this pompous ,pretentious, peanut who hates something so much and rl falls into that category, he makes a major negative issue out of something that has been ongoing for yonks or the opportunity to sink the knife deeper into rugby league.
Most genuine people I suggest ,including many from all rectangular sports would concede ,if ANZ was made rectangular and the SFS refurbished it would be a hell of a lot cheaper.And serve the purpose for which they were intended.
But no ,this bellicose ,bandana wearing buffoon ,prefers to utilise every waking moment of his sad day to seize the opportunity to bag the NRL /rugby league in order to spears his dislike and satisfy his outsize ego.
He'd probably blame a kid at school who nicked his cucumber sandwiches ,as being under the influence .of rl types.
I'll add this, it takes a hell of a lot for me to hate anyone ,but geez this gimp is doing his level best to enter
thst realm.

As if he doesn't watch every rugby league game he can, while wringing his red bandana into tight knots and screaming at the TV about the near deathbed state of the rah rah in the country where he resides. Ditto Zavos. Sweet as sweet can be. Lol

taipan

Referee
I just saw on Foxnews,a new movie being made in the States.It's called wait for it"The man in the red bandana."
It's about a NY fiery during the 9/11 attacks, and this guy wearing a bandana around his mouth to prevent sucking in the smoke, helped save quite a few people, by helping them down the stairs ,carrying some.He didn't get out and died doing what he was trained for.

My point is ,will FitzSimons(with his galactic ego) claim some sort of influence in the wearing of the bandana by the fireman.And will he promote the film when it comes to Oz.
We know Fitzhead is" brave" he lost 100kgs in weight,his anti rl outbursts suggest he does it without fear or favour.Well favour that is ,to union and AFL I should clarify.