What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Bullies

MTK

Juniors
woodgers said:
Denton would be a perfect host. He's funny and he know's his League

Denton lost all credibility for me the night he went on the Footy Show and talked about the clubs, the NRL and News Ltd "raping and pillaging" Souths.

I'm not commenting on the Souths situation, but for me Denton carried on like a bit of a goose. It was also at a time in his career when he was without a job and out of the limelight. It seemed like a bit of a publicity stunt to me. But I do enjoy Enough Rope. He's clever, but I wouldn't like to see him talking footy.

Fibroman

First Grade
The clowns on the footy show may not be the most knowlegable or the funniest blokes going around, but they've been around, and they keep doing o.k. in the ratings. Although Law and Order on Ch. 10 pipped them this week.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree that Fatty and Sterlo should have been more impartial and thrown the questions up for them to make their comments on rather than try and decide the outcome by putting down the NRL employees reputations as being non commensensical?!

Seriously, if Brisbane get off this, the people back in Auckland for instance have every right to ask why their case wasn't aired on the Footy Show or some other high profile media outlet.

I'm sure though the NRL won't even blink an eyelid at Vautin and Sterling's opinions on the matter, they'll look at Brisbane's submissions and decide from there. Personally I don't think they leg to stand on, but then my opinion doesn't count because I don't host a sports show.

Does anyone think that if play was called off and Parker came on the field that he would have taken up Webeckes position and therefore Not been in that position in the backline?
I think that by just BEING in that posi. on the field gave them an extra person in the backline that might have otherwise not been there.

Just a thought...

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Suzie said:
woodgers said:
The Footy Show cannot win.
They get slagged for talking serious stuff.
They get slagged if they do the light hearted stuff

I didn't catch the NRL footy show last night. Good to them talking footy. I did catch the AFL Footy show and by god it is so far ahead it's not funny. They manage to talk all the issues, show all the teams with in's and out's all the while being funnier than the NRL Footy Show.

The NRL Footy show needs a clean out of personnel for one. Fatty and Sterlo don't have any more funny's to add. Chief and Matty Johns are o.k but is this going to turn into the Newcastle Footy Show? Who do you guys reckon has the ability to put in RELEVANT wise cracks at the topic at hand whilst adding something decent to the discussion.

Next scrap the entire show and start from scratch. New segments, New panel, New show.

Who do you guys think would be good on such a panel keeping in mind the above points. I think maybe Steve Walters. He is funny, but can he add to the serious stuff. Denton would be a perfect host. He's funny and he know's his League
I think you're onto something there. ;-) I watched some of the footy show for the first time in about 6 years last night. I think the way Fatty talks down to some of the guests to the show is downright rude, and he snubs anyone who is actually amusing ... as for the biased opinions :roll:

Anyway, I like the Denton idea, he would be good. But the first thing The Footy Show needs is a big broom, to sweep out all the crap, and start fresh, IMO of course ;-)

Yah. The footy show has really turned to sh!te, and i didn't watch last night's show but at least they actually talked a bit about the NRL!!! f**king get rid of fatty, sterlo and chief. Matt Johns has some wit about him, but i agree they need to start over. Their opinions means f**k-all to me, and the show is down right non-entertaining!! I think the Broncs should lose the points btw!!!

Big-Steve

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
Does anyone think that if play was called off and Parker came on the field that he would have taken up Webeckes position and therefore Not been in that position in the backline?
I think that by just BEING in that posi. on the field gave them an extra person in the backline that might have otherwise not been there.

Just a thought...

Agree. I think the question here too is timing. Parker ran on before he had permission if he had waited till he was told to he also may not have been in position to score.

PS: let Mario take over the Footy Show. The crap he has to put up with from the rest of them is unbelieveable. There's no way he deserves it.

Foz

Bench
I have no doubt the Melbourne Footy Show is much better structured than the League Version.
The Melbourne lot can be funny whilst they are serious about the footy.
I think Brisbane should keep their 2 points but Fatty and co were a disgrace putting it on Annersley and Gallop.

beerboy

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
They get slagged if they do the light hearted stuff.

The Broncos will not lose there 2 points because of due-process, nothing the boys said.
I will agree, however the panel could have handled it better, but they NRL reps clearly stated the process will be followed, and if that is the case the Broncos have a great defence in this particular matter, and the process will handle that.
Perceptions could have been handled better.

I think most here would be happy they had some serious footy talk on the footy show.

actually i prefer the light hearted stuff, if i wanna hear footy i watch the Sunday version
as it says on the back of the DVD it is a light entertainment program, based around rugby league

Crusader

Bench
Get rid of Gould for a start, I think the other guys are ok although I don't often stay up to watch it. Usually catch it on Sunday.

Razor

Coach
P Gould, M Johns, S Walters, M Geyer should be the regular panel.

Gould is the best football analyst out there. M Johns does have talent, and is also funny. S Walters and Geyer are quite good as well.

Crusader

Bench
Gould is the mosty biased commentator I have ever heard, besides that he is arrogant and unattractive. At least Sterlo and Fatty have a sense of humour.

beerboy said:
Mr Angry said:
They get slagged if they do the light hearted stuff.

The Broncos will not lose there 2 points because of due-process, nothing the boys said.
I will agree, however the panel could have handled it better, but they NRL reps clearly stated the process will be followed, and if that is the case the Broncos have a great defence in this particular matter, and the process will handle that.
Perceptions could have been handled better.

I think most here would be happy they had some serious footy talk on the footy show.

actually i prefer the light hearted stuff, if i wanna hear footy i watch the Sunday version
as it says on the back of the DVD it is a light entertainment program, based around rugby league

I agree.

I love watching the funny stuff on Thursday night. If you want serious talk there are plenty of other shows for that.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Thomas said:
The Footy Show is an embaressment to the code. I can't believe it actually passes off as entertainment and the fact that it rates through the roof says a lot about Australian culture. When they actually start talking about footy, it gets bearable, but all of the panel members are affiliated with one club or another and its hard to actually hear some unbiased arguments.

If I want to see fat men in dresses, falling over and being idiots, I'll watch Australias Funniest Home Videos.

WELL SAID and SPOT ON!
I agree with EVERYTHING said in that post...Well done Thomas.

The AFL footy show is light years ahead of The NRL Footy show.
At least the AFL are funny,Mario is a joke,Sterlo is an idiot who wants to have his way with Andrew Johns,Fatty is overated and a deadset clown,All The "Chief" brings to the table is well NOTHING!,Matthew Johns is an asshole and most ever overated player in the game...did i miss anyone?

The only person who even has any sense on the Channel 9 NRL team is Andrew Voss.

Razor

Coach
1_CRUSADER2 said:
Gould is the mosty biased commentator I have ever heard, besides that he is unattractive.

I don't watch the show for a perve. I watch it for football talk and entertainment.

Gould isn't close to as biased as Lazurus, Bomblas, Daley, Lewis and Belcher.

At least Sterlo and Fatty have a sense of humour.

You think Vautin is funny?

Once Dead

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Razor said:
Gould isn't close to as biased as Lazurus, Bomblas, Daley, Lewis and Belcher.

your joking, Gould has it over all of them combined

I know you're a Canberra supporter but seriously.....Lazarus, Bombolas and Belcher WERE/ARE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD......Daley is biased towards the Dragons these days so i will agree with you there

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I prey for the day when Phil Gould's comments aren't shoved in my face by the media. Biggest media whore in the sport!