What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those awake and actually give a sh*t

Dutchy

Immortal
Bailey was knocked out and stretchered off with 5 minutes left in the game.

Was watching that yesterday. Looked as though he was just badly winded, but they took precautions just in case. Any news on that yet?

Manly have gone over without the best prop in the world at the moment, Kite. He is our leader, Orford maybe captain, but Kite leads from the front. That is a massive whole in the pack. I am thinking Manly by 2.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Was watching that yesterday. Looked as though he was just badly winded, but they took precautions just in case. Any news on that yet?

Manly have gone over without the best prop in the world at the moment, Kite. He is our leader, Orford maybe captain, but Kite leads from the front. That is a massive whole in the pack. I am thinking Manly by 2.

More than winded. He was knocked unconscious with a clash of heads on impact (no wonder Briscoes face looks like that if he tackles head first :lol:).

He was sat up and talking in the sheds apparently. He'll just have to do a COG test this week to see if he's OK. Funnily enough that was Baileys best game for about 3 years on Friday too.

Smith is our main worry though as he is the 1st choice right centre this year covering at full back for Webb. Our 2nd choice FB is a lad called Ben Jones-Bishop who is also out so if Smith doesnt make it we have no recognised FB in the team.

I agree with you about Kite too. I have thought he has been the best prop for the last 2 years now and was looking forward to seeing him and Peacock against each other. They are both very similar in the way they play and are natural leaders.

If Leeds do have Smith, Burrow, Bailey, Buderus and Lauitiiti playing then I reckon it will be close. If they dont make it then I can see a decent 2-3 try winning margin in Manly's favour.

BTW to the Manly fans look out for Leuluai. He is 3 times the player he was when he left you now. Dont know what your thoughts were of him there?

Dutchy

Immortal
He is a hard merkin. But pretty inconsisitent as far as ball handling and getting down and dirty goes. He and Perry have a history, when Kylie played for us and Perry Newcastle. Leeds will need to pick up their game a bit, looked pretty flat yesterday.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
He is a hard merkin. But pretty inconsisitent as far as ball handling and getting down and dirty goes. He and Perry have a history, when Kylie played for us and Perry Newcastle. Leeds will need to pick up their game a bit, looked pretty flat yesterday.

He has improved a hell of a lot in those aspects now. Used to average about 80 metres a game in his first season and maybe get 30 mins of game time in. Last season he improved a lot and this year he has come out of the blocks firing.

His stats (not including Friday) are:

Games:2
Carries:26
Meters:225
Offloads:2
Tackle busts:4
Tackles:35
Missed:3

Saying that Peacocks are:

Games:2
Carries:43
Meters:295
Offloads:2
Tackle Busts:4
Tackles:51
Missed:2

Check out all the stats here: http://superleague.co.uk/statistics...=1212&hs2=2009&hp2=19&stat=metres&season=2009

It has every player in the league and in 12 hours time should have the updated stats on from the weekend.

Oh, and in a last ditch effort to bore you more :lol: look at Leeds' young winger Ryan Halls stats:

Apps:2
Tries:1
Carries:26 (13/gm)
Meters:321 (160.5/gm)
Offloads:2 (1/gm)
Tackle Busts:6 (3/gm)
Clean Breaks:4 (2/gm)
Tackles:10
Missed:2

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Leeds will need to pick up their game a bit, looked pretty flat yesterday.

Also agree on that. A lot of it is to do with personel on the field though. McGuire and Burrow havent played with each other since the WC semi in Brisbane. Leeds also went into the game on friday with 5 players out and 2 more injured during the game. Also the halves were both playing out of position and on the whole I think (off the top of my head) during the game 7 players were playing out of position which will obviously stall the attack a bit.

If we can get the injured players back on the pitch for Sunday im sure we will make a game of it.

Also Leeds have played 3 games this season and conceded 2 tries and 20 points so the defence has started very well. This will have to stay as determined if we have any hope of winning.