What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those awake and actually give a sh*t

Nuke

Staff member
Thanks for the updates. I can't listen to the broadcast (I don't like Real Player, so won't download it!), but am watching the Catalans-Warrington game on tv instead.

Dutchy

Immortal
Manly score straight away.

Quinns: 26
Manly: 22

Manly Tries: Robertson 2, Bailey, B.Stewart

Manly Goals: Orford 2, Lyon 1

Dutchy

Immortal
Thanks for the updates. I can't listen to the broadcast (I don't like Real Player, so won't download it!), but am watching the Catalans-Warrington game on tv instead.

Yeah same. Gonna un-install once the game is over :lol:

Nuke

Staff member
Haha!

Looks like Manly are starting to play some footy. The first few updates looked as though London were gonna romp it in (4-nil, 8-nil, 14-nil, 20-nil, ect), however I suppose Manly are starting to get used to the freezing conditions and the English refereeing interpretations of the rules.

Manly should win easily in my opinion.

Dutchy

Immortal
Manly: 28

Manly Tries: Robertson 2, Bailey, B.Stewart, Lyon

Manly Goals: Orford 2, Lyon 2

Dutchy

Immortal
Haha!

Looks like Manly are starting to play some footy. The first few updates looked as though London were gonna romp it in (4-nil, 8-nil, 14-nil, 20-nil, ect), however I suppose Manly are starting to get used to the freezing conditions and the English refereeing interpretations of the rules.

Manly should win easily in my opinion.

First half we didnt make any changes and had these players on the field.

Robertson, Williams, Watmough, Neumann, Sinuala, Foran, Hodkinson, Morwood, Lestrange, Jared Waerea Heargraves, Cutherbertson, Rodney

2nd half is:

Stewart, Williams, Matai, Bailey, Robertson, Lyon, Orford, King, Ballin, Kite, Watmough, Stewart, Hall

Nuke

Staff member
That was my other theory - starting to put their stronger team on the field.

I'm guessing it's unlimited interchange? I suppose it is just a trial/friendly afterall.

Dutchy

Immortal
Its unlimited interchange. But during each half Manly hasnt made a change. Only the huge swap at halftime.

Dutchy

Immortal
Manly: 34

Manly Tries: Robertson 2, Bailey, B.Stewart, Lyon, Matai

Manly Goals: Orford 2, Lyon 3

Penalties: 4-4

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Haha!
however I suppose Manly are starting to get used to the freezing conditions and the English refereeing interpretations of the rules.

Refereeing interpretations yes, Weather no.

Its been mild and dry all week in London and reached about 13c today so that cant be an excuse :lol:

Its actually going to be similar in Leeds for the rest of the week too so it should be a good open game of footy next weekend. Better than last year anyway.

Quins also used a full team in the 1st and swapped and changed to a few reserves in the 2nd wheras Manly did the opposite. Sounded a good game though. If I didnt live 350km's away I would have gone :)

Nuke

Staff member
Yes, thanks Dutchy for the updates. V is good stuff, eh?!

Johnny L O: What I've been seeing the past few weeks on tv of SuperLeague games, it looks bloody freezing! Steam pouring off players, ect. That being said, the Warrington-Catalans game I'm watching now doesn't look that cold. You have to remember, 13°C is chilly for us Aussies! Plus, you have to remember this is our summertime, where frequently minimum temperatures (ie: middle of the night) can be mid-20's°C! Right here where I am (Western Australia), it is 2:20am, and I am sitting here with my window wide open and I'm comfortably wearing shorts and a t-shirt! I imagine you have the heater on and wearing a couple of layers of clothing?!

This is why Manly (and other teams in prevous years) get to England rather early for the WCC ... to attempt to acclimatise (sp?). It'd still be a shock to the system though. Hence me saying I think they'll be adjusting to the weather as well as the refereeing.

gong_eagle

First Grade
First half we didnt make any changes and had these players on the field.

Robertson, Williams, Watmough, Neumann, Sinuala, Foran, Hodkinson, Morwood, Lestrange, Jared Waerea Heargraves, Cutherbertson, Rodney

2nd half is:

Stewart, Williams, Matai, Bailey, Robertson, Lyon, Orford, King, Ballin, Kite, Watmough, Stewart, Hall
somehow I dont think he played

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Yes, thanks Dutchy for the updates. V is good stuff, eh?!

Johnny L O: What I've been seeing the past few weeks on tv of SuperLeague games, it looks bloody freezing! Steam pouring off players, ect. That being said, the Warrington-Catalans game I'm watching now doesn't look that cold. You have to remember, 13°C is chilly for us Aussies! Plus, you have to remember this is our summertime, where frequently minimum temperatures (ie: middle of the night) can be mid-20's°C! Right here where I am (Western Australia), it is 2:20am, and I am sitting here with my window wide open and I'm comfortably wearing shorts and a t-shirt! I imagine you have the heater on and wearing a couple of layers of clothing?!

This is why Manly (and other teams in prevous years) get to England rather early for the WCC ... to attempt to acclimatise (sp?). It'd still be a shock to the system though. Hence me saying I think they'll be adjusting to the weather as well as the refereeing.

I know what you mean but 13c isnt that cold and the Manly team have commented this week on their surprise at the warm weather. Remember that during the NRL season in Sydney 13c isnt that uncommon. I have spent plenty of time there and it wasnt much warmer most days.

I was reffereeing this morning and for the 1st time in about 4 months I havent been cold at a game. Also the last 2 years have been awful and last year against the Storm at Elland Road was probably the worst weather I have seen in this country... ever :lol:. The previous years before that the game has been played around 1 month earlier where it struggles to get over a few degrees.

Either way as far as the game goes I reckon Manly will win by 12-18. We have too many injuries at the moment so we dont know what the team will be.

In the last game on Friday that we played we had Webb, Buderus, Burrow, and Lauitiiti out plus Smith left the ground on crutches and Bailey was knocked out and stretchered off with 5 minutes left in the game. (Eastwood is also missing but thanks to driving offences he may never play for Leeds now so I dont count him :lol: )

I think if these are missing Leeds team will look like this...

1.Donald (winger)
2.Watkins (17 year old centre)
3.Gibson (played 3 games in 2 years due to 2 knee recons)
4.Senior
5.Hall
6.Sinfield (loose forward)
7.McGuire (5/8th)
8.Leuluai
9.Diskin
10.Peacock (prop)
11.Jones-Buchanan(2nd row)
12.Kirke
13.Ablett

14.McShane (Young hooker with 3 first grade games to his name)
15.Allan (young loose or 5/8th with maybe 10 FG games)
16.Burgess
17.Manning (0 FG games so far)

Kind of mix and match really. Will be good experiance for the young 1s though.

If all but Webb are OK though I expect a closer game with a team looking like this:

Smith
Donald
Watkins
Senior
Hall
McGuire
Burrow
Leuluai
Diskin
Peacock
Lauitiiti
Jones-Buchanan