What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who have a Foxtel subscription...

Will you keep Foxtel if it doesn't include Rugby League

• Total voters

strong_latte

Juniors
Bahahaha does anyone seriously need to ask this? We're on LU - don't think many of us here would have FOXTEL because we're desperate for the Simpsons reruns.

If Fox loses NRL then I'd drop it like a sack of shit

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
4th option required..

- yes, but will remove the sport package add on from my subscription

RoosTah

Juniors
No. There's nothing else on Foxtel apart from Sport that I can't get cheaper somewhere else.

redvscotty

First Grade
I have 4 months to go on my current contract and I'm a bee's dick away of cancelling right now and copping the fees just to spite that stupid old merkin.

Bahahaha does anyone seriously need to ask this? We're on LU - don't think many of us here would have FOXTEL because we're desperate for the Simpsons reruns.

If Fox loses NRL then I'd drop it like a sack of shit

It's a fair question.

If you have a wife and family for instance, you may have it on for them as well as yourself.

Some people with a wife may well have no choice in the matter....

Last Week

Bench
I literally only have it for the NRL. I could watch any one of their shows or movies I wanted to online. I could watch NRL online if I wanted to. At the moment, it just so happens that I need them to be able to watch live NRL on a TV screen with some sort of decent quality.

strong_latte

Juniors
It's a fair question.

If you have a wife and family for instance, you may have it on for them as well as yourself.

Some people with a wife may well have no choice in the matter....

That's a factor I suppose. I live with my girlfriend, but we both work a lot and the only thing she wants Fox for is game of thrones, but we both agree that it's not worth having a subscription just for one short run series.

Spot On

Coach
No. There's nothing else on Foxtel apart from Sport that I can't get cheaper somewhere else.

This. F all else on Foxtel. Would be surprised if there was not mass exodus from it if somehow the NRL secures another platform to show their games on.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Game of thrones is literally the only thing they would make me consider having Foxtel without nrl
But GOT will likely be over by 2018 anyway

RoosTah

Juniors
This. F all else on Foxtel. Would be surprised if there was not mass exodus from it if somehow the NRL secures another platform to show their games on.

Precisely. Movies and TV shows are all widely available in a tonne of places online now.

Heck, I didn't even use Fox for Breaking Bad - I used iTunes because it was cheaper than getting the extra package.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Without the NRL I'd drop it in a heartbeat and get a combination of Netflix and whatever else that allows me to watch European Football; all at half the price.

Snappy

Coach
I'm the same as Muzby.

I first got it just for NRL but now there's other stuff I watch too, and shows the kids watch. I never watch anything on FTA except Friday night footy. Don't really watch any other sports on fox, so yeh id dump sports package.