What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Glad tonight that Spencer is at another club. Still reported on channel 7 as "ex-Panther Spencer Leniu" (can't expect the media to moss that opportunity 😂). If the allegations are true, he's an absolute peanut.

A fool of the highest order.

Easts administration need at look at too. Who on earth allowed Spencer to be interviewed after the game. An accident waiting to happen.

Girds89

Bench
Be interesting to see what sort of penalty he cops.

They need to really stamp this crap out of the game.

I dont know whats sufficient. Maybe 5-6 weeks. Have no idea what the judiciary will give him.

Fangs

Coach
Be interesting to see what sort of penalty he cops.

They need to really stamp this crap out of the game.

I dont know whats sufficient. Maybe 5-6 weeks. Have no idea what the judiciary will give him.

10-12 weeks I think. He will set a new precedent.

betcats

Referee
What was he thinking seriously, all the great insults that can be used tgat don’t fall into racism, homophobia etc and he allegedly chooses to call an indigenous fella monkey. 3 weeks for the insult and 8 weeks for being a dumb merkin, if it’s true of course. Let this be a lesson, use socially acceptable insults and life is easy

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It's weird for those who have grown up around this stuff.

Addin Fonua Blake got 2 weeks for abusing a ref. That was 2020. Montoya got 4 weeks for using a homophobic slur in 2022.

2024, Las Vegas opener. Sent as one of the faces of the sport. 2-4 weeks just isn't going to cut it these days.
Where it happened should have zero effect on the outcome but it won't. 6 weeks is acceptable I think

Fangs

Coach
Where it happened should have zero effect on the outcome but it won't. 6 weeks is acceptable I think

Maybe it shouldn't but everyone knows that racism is treated differently in the USA. Its an extremely poor look for the sport and the NRL will respond to that right or wrong. And it has potential to cause a big shift in player attitudes.

Point with the offences listed is the year they occur. The trend is upwards towards heavy suspensions in the past few years. You could certainly argue this is worse than AFB or Montoya. So I think it will be a big punishment.

hindy111

Post Whore
10-12 weeks I think. He will set a new precedent.

Hmm. Dylan Brown got like 5 or 6 for grabbing a girls breasts on the dance floor.Surely this isn't as serious is it? I think 2-3 weeks and an education course on racism. And an apology. I highly doubt Spencer is racist or hates Ezra. Just needs to be better educated on the area and how sensitive some people are towards this stuff and hurt they can be.

Fangs

Coach
Hmm. Dylan Brown got like 5 or 6 for grabbing a girls breasts on the dance floor. I think 2 weeks and an education course on racism. And an apology. I highly doubt Spencer is racist or hates Ezra. Just needs to be better educated on the area and how sensitive some people are towards this stuff.

The education part will be on top.

You can't really put a grading on a racial slur.

Abacus

Juniors
If NRL are serious in stamping out this shit, first offence is 12 weeks, second offence is 12 months and any idiot that goes a third time is banned for life.

Latest posts