What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum get-together at Perry Park ?

O

ozbash

i was having a rare read of the rleague forum and there is a thread in the QLD forum advertising this event.
Some of the guys going are members here as well so i reckon it would be a great chance to meet up.
my wife and me tried to co-incide our trip across the tassie with the warriors/parra game, but this looks much more interesting , even if it is the dragons
emembarrassed.gif

heres the mudmans post.

<table class=forumline cellspacing=1 cellpadding=3 width="95%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td class=row1 valign=top align=left width=150><span><a target=_top name=478155></a>corbetts</span>
<span>
dragalt.gif

</td> <td class=row1 valign=top width="100%" height=28> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td width="100%"> <span>Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:24 pm<span></span> Post subject: Re: Qld forum get-together</span></td> <td valign=top nowrap align=right> </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2> <hr> </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2><span></span> <table cellspacing=1 cellpadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td><span>mud n blood wrote:</span></td></tr> <tr> <td class=quote>How's about it ?
Was thinking of the Brothers-Valleys v St.George night at Perry Park perhaps
icon_confused.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table><span>
Hi all
icon_razz.gif
Brothers Valleys would welcome all the support they can get at the trial. It's shaping up to be a fab night with entertainment for the kids, half time entertainment, autograph tents with all of the Dragons side including Trent Barrett, Lance Thompson, Mark Gasnier, Jason Ryles and Shaun Timmins. Tickets go on sale Friday the 17th of Janaury thru Ticketek
Adults are $12.00, Kids/ Pens are $6.00 and Family $27.00.
Gates open at 3.00pm with full bar and food facilities.
Brothers Valleys would love to arrange a marquee for any forum members who want to meet up!! The marquee will be set up with Rugby League forum on it. Let me know if your interested so a beer tent can be situated near it
icon_wink.gif

</span></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Willow

Assistant Moderator
<dl>Dragons and Brothers-Valleys kick off 2003
17/01/03
For the second year running, Brothers-Valleys are playing the St George Illawarra Dragons in the club's opening trial match of 2003. Kickoff is on Saturday, February 8th at Perry Park in Brisbane. The afternoon will showcase a number of players from local and interstate regions and is an excellent opportunity to check out the new talent coming through.
Brothers-Valleys, an affiliate club of the Dragons, are in their second year as a joint venture and combine a heritage of 167 years; Brothers were established in 1917 and Valleys in 1909.
This is Saints' first match of 2003. A few newcomers in the Dragons will be getting their first run and will have the opportunity to impress the new coaching team Nathan Brown, Laurie Daley and David Barnhill. As with last year, the entertainment has been laid on. All Dragons players will be in the autograph tent at different times including Trent Barrett, Lance Thompson, Jason Ryles, Shaun Timmins and Mark Gasnier.
Additionally, there will be heaps of kids’ entertainment with a great Harley Davidson display and some special guests.
Full bar and food facilities will be available both inside the club and around the ground. Details
Date: Saturday, 8th February 2003
Venue: Perry Park, Bowen Hills, Brisbane
3:00pm: Gates open
4:00pm: Brothers Jnrs under 16’s v Brothers St Brendans
5:30pm: Brothers-Valleys colts v Development squad from Brothers Ipswich
7:30pm: St George Illawarra Dragons v Brothers-Valleys
Tickets are now on sale through Ticketek; Tel: 131 931
Adults $12.00, Child (School age) Pensioners and Student $6.00 and Family tickets are $27.00.</dl> <dl>Join a discussion
Legends World of Sport: Dragons Forum
League Unlimited Online: Front Row Forums</dl>

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I should point out that the St George Illawarra Dragons Supporters Club will be there as well.

For anyone wanting to know more about the club, just call Tas Maras (the Qld club president) on 0403 014 247

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Queensland Dragons supporters unite!
from League Unlimited

Saturday, February 8th sees the Dragons taking on locals, Brothers-Valleys at Perry Park in Brisbane and the St George Illawarra Supporters Club of Queensland will be there !
This is an excellent opportunity to catch the Saints young guns in their first hit out for 2003.

Those interested in having a ringside seat with the Queensland Supporters Club can contact club president, Tas Maras direct on 0403 014 247 or by email at mightydragons1@optusnet.com.au
Trial Match Details
Date: Saturday, 8th February 2003
Venue: Perry Park, Bowen Hills, Brisbane
3:00pm: Gates open
4:00pm: Brothers Jnrs under 16’s v Brothers St Brendans
5:30pm: Brothers-Valleys colts v Development squad from Brothers Ipswich
7:30pm: St George Illawarra Dragons v Brothers-Valleys
Tickets are now on sale through Ticketek; Tel: 131 931
Adults $12.00, Child (School age) Pensioners and Student $6.00 and Family tickets are $27.00.

madas

Juniors
was a good night, getting to see a few of the forum blokes. what would have topped it off would have been a brothers-valleys win, but it was not to be......they just lost by a whisker.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If you call 40-10 a whisker. But as always, the Diehards never gave up. Good to see at least one Broncos supporter in the crowd. ;)

What was the crowd?

The Saints supporters club was there, damn, im guessing a crowd of say.....10??

And 8 of them LWOSites :)

;)

Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We were there strong in spirit Moffo... it was a great night. :)

The capacity of the ground is about 5000. Last night there about 3000. At the end of the day its agreat turn-out for a small RL ground.

How many people had heard of Perry Park before Saints started playing there? Hmmmm...

Moff,
The crowd might not have filled whatever the Olympic Stadium is called these days,but it was high on quality and not an ethical dilemma in sight.
Yeah, I know, foreign concepts to you,but don't worry,you are showing signs of growing into them.

May I say,to the comrades of LWOS that I met,the pleasure was mine.
Thankyou.
It should be acknowledged that people went to some trouble to be there and to me that made it more than worthwhile.
It should also be acknowledged that in the land of the the long white cloud (ie the 7th state)they still give prizes on radio of a trip to the big island.
Willow,
Now that you have done a number on Legend,I can't wait for the follow up trick on the k,one,w,ones.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lord Ted, I kept the secret that the petrol gauge is dodgy on the Falcon so I reckon we'll see them hitching before the week is out.

Moffo, she'll be right mate... for reasons which esacpe me, the MEBs are being spared the usual cheating accusations... give it time .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"no worries boys, just fishing.."
talking about FISHING
Bloody Legend cost us a Mako Shark out in the deep today and then threw the line in the water in disgust... I've never seen such a display of bad sportsmanship.
As I said... talking about fishing.

Latest posts