What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Sevens 2004

Azkatro

First Grade
I only came into the Forum Sevens a couple of weeks ago but I'm keen to continue on next season. I joined the obviously ill-fated Broncos and thought I might bring up the topic of which teams will be around next season. Obviously there are a few well established teams that will be present next year - which ones are they?

Plus I've seen calls for a team limit of 8 or so, which I'd probably approve of - 8 strong teams with plenty of reserves and plenty of spare articles up there sleeve would be far better than 14 weak teams which can't even field a full team.

I wouldn't mind getting involved with any new team ventures out there (I can see F7 vets reading that and reading me my last rites) - anyone keen on starting a new team, or reforming an old one? I'd be happy to be part of it.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
With the influx of Eels supporters from the official message board, I would be prepared to say that the Eels should be able to field a strong stand-alone side capable of staying on its own two feet.

No offense to the Dogs, I really appreciate being given the opportunity to play in the last two rounds of the season, but there were 3 posts from Eels supporters in the last game and none from the more senior Bulldogs players.

Petty as it may be, I feel that given long standing rivalries, a stand-alone Eels side (and a stand-alone Dogs side if they could muster one up) could attract some high quality posters that may not be willing to play for a "joint venture".

The Backpacker

Juniors
Easts should be there. I think we'll be playing the old format next year if the numbers are available - 7v7 (willow?) which means that teams will need a roster of at least 7 regular (reliable) posters and 5 reserves to see them compete sucessfully every round.

Anyway, what do I know. :lol: I'll make this and the other team forming threads sticky so they're sitting near the top. (When I figure out how :lol: :lol: :lol: )

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I captained this years ill-fated Eels. So if I'm needed too again I will. Lets just see how many we get first but. If there are atleast 10 eels players then we can think about it.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Azkatro said:
I've seen calls for a team limit of 8 or so, which I'd probably approve of - 8 strong teams with plenty of reserves and plenty of spare articles up there sleeve would be far better than 14 weak teams which can't even field a full team.
That sounds like a brilliant idea to me. It's got my vote!

legend

Coach
Newtown will be back for their third season under the guidance of Willow.

With close to 900 members there shoudl be enough to get 8-10 competitive teams on the paddock each round.

El Coconuto

Bench
With my scholarship details now finalised I am excited about being able to return to the Forum Sevens competition. Of course, I will be awaiting word from Tamazoid in regards to whether or not Cronulla will be returning but at this point, I'll definately be back next season. Cheers!

Kiwi

First Grade
I'll make a return to the playing ranks for the 2004 season. My first choice will be the Broncos, then Cowboys, or maybe a combined side from both clubs.

skeepe

Immortal
The Raiders are hoping to get one of the coveted Forum 7's franchises for next season.

It is understood the Green Machine have at least 8 players lined up should they be accepted

skeepe
Raiders 2003
ball boy
Ultima
9_degrees
raidersman
Raider_69
RaiderMan

With a great blend of rookies and experienced players, the Raiders are looking to make 2004 the year of Green!

Alan Shore

First Grade
skeepe said:
The Raiders are hoping to get one of the coveted Forum 7's franchises for next season.

It is understood the Green Machine have at least 8 players lined up should they be accepted

skeepe
Raiders 2003
ball boy
Ultima
9_degrees
raidersman
Raider_69
RaiderMan

With a great blend of rookies and experienced players, the Raiders are looking to make 2004 the year of Green!

Great, a raid on Cronulla's playing stocks.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well another positive contribution...

Chin up, Tama. It was inevitable that we'd have more teams next year and with that, people will join the team that they support.
There'll also be more members and more recruits next season and as long as you want it to be, the Sharks will be all-the-go in 2004.

The Backpacker

Juniors
I think theres a prescription of negative pills going around. :?

How about we put up a thread for each of the teams with 2004. That way, each player has a choice to go to the team thread they want and announce themselves available. Until the captain of the team has spoken to them, other teams back off.

I've noticed that unless you're online alot, you tend to miss out and some captains are online alot more than others. This gives each team a fair shot and also doesn't put players on the spot either. Eliminates panic recruiting - hopefully.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'm keeping my options open for now. Looks like Parramatta just might get a solid team next season and if that happens I want to be a part of it.

Latest posts