What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward passes

Amin Yashed

Juniors
When will the NRL address this issue!??

Archer is a complete tool, he's got to go if the NRL want to get serious & address the refereeing standard. What the f**k are the touchies there to do these days? So many games being decided on the back of blatant forward passes. Not that the warriors deserved to win, plus the sharks won on the back of one as well.

Rant over.

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Be interested to know how many games this year alone have been decided with a forward pass leading to a try.

The_Shield

Juniors
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the biggest problem with forward passes is the stupid backwards out of the hands rule. If the ball is caught ahead of where it was thrown from then it should be a forward pass irrespective of whether they tried to pass it backwards or not

T
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the biggest problem with forward passes is the stupid backwards out of the hands rule. If the ball is caught ahead of where it was thrown from then it should be a forward pass irrespective of whether they tried to pass it backwards or not
Maybe worst opinion in LU history. Almost no pass in a fast backline movement goes back

Tommy Smith

Referee
Panthers fans only care if it happens against them :D

Still, when will Archer come out and say the ref got it wrong like he did when we benefited vs Penrith?

I look forward to his display of consistency on this issue.

Card Shark

Immortal

Well that would kill the game!

It'd be dummy half running all day!

Most forward passes aren't forward at all, if the passer is moving forward. Another hysterical thread!

I do wish we could get some type of GPS in the ball to shut this old chestnut up.

Come on NRL / Archer, do it!!

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Agree with both you blokes.

But how can the blatant pass that is a 1 metre plus forward go unnoticed by ALL the officials?

I'm dumbfounded, Archer will come out & make up some bs comment that the refs got it right....again.

Apey

Staff member
Haha here we go again...

The rule you actually want is "looks backwards" and "looks forwards".

Panthers fans only care if it happens against them :D

Still, when will Archer come out and say the ref got it wrong like he did when we benefited vs Penrith?

I look forward to his display of consistency on this issue.
Come on Tommy is was foward as f**k but it didnt decide the game like yours

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Not saying about the odd pass that looks forward. I'm saying the blatant ones that are obviously forward by a mile.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The worst forward passes are the 'Cammy Smith specials' from dummy half.

I can live with the odd forward pass getting missed in an attacking pkay when things are going at a hundred mile an hour.

It's the constant forward passes from dummy half that shit me as they give too much momentum to attacking runners.

But seeing as Smith is referee boss nothing is going to happen about that.