What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four from Eleven, Griffin is a dead man walking.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Unsure why Edwards is getting his dick sucked a lot by the usual super coaches on here.

I'm yet to see anything that says he should be in the team. 1 - DWZ 6 - Moylan

Maybe he's a world beater in NSW Cup, but so is Rein..

Unsure why Edwards is getting his dick sucked a lot by the usual super coaches on here.

I'd be fine with DWZ getting first crack at FB.

But Edwards is a pretty impressive kid. His pace is excellent, but the thing I've noticed about him is his defensive reads.

Either way Edwards should be playing FG on the wing at minimum.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

Do you often imagine other men sucking each other off? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it is a weird thing to walk around publicly announcing.

TheFrog

Coach
He hasn't exactly stunk the place up in his very limited first grade opportunities, but hasn't set the world on fire either. I remember the try save against the Sharks last year and am not convinced he didn't just get lucky. My feeling is he's not our best option at fullback at this moment in time. He will get his chance down the track, not necessarily at fullback though.

His defensive reads and positioning are so far ahead of Moylan its ridiculous. He also has that little bit of mongrel and extra effort that's simply not in Moylan.
That said if DWZ gets a shot I won't be upset

mxlegend99

Referee

So you admit to basically never having seen him play? Outside of presumably his 3 NRL games where he was on the wing twice and fullback once where he was no worse than Moylan in most games this year.

If you saw him in the 9s and watched reserve grade even just a few times and saw the things he does off the ball you would see how valuable he is to a team defensively. No one is perfect obviously. But he reads the plays so much better than any of our other fullback options and does a terrific job at covering a lot of field.

Hes faster and stronger than Moylan. Has a high workrate and most importantly has great instincts. His attack is strong also. But its his defensive play that would be the huge upgrade for us.

Is he going to be the next Billy Slater? Unlikely. But he is the most complete fullback at the club. Moylan and DWZ have areas where they are better than him. But he just seems to be more of an all rounder with better instincts.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
He hasn't exactly stunk the place up in his very limited first grade opportunities, but hasn't set the world on fire either. I remember the try save against the Sharks last year and am not convinced he didn't just get lucky. My feeling is he's not our best option at fullback at this moment in time. He will get his chance down the track, not necessarily at fullback though.

Agree, he may well be good in time, but DWZ has great kick returns, can tackle, is quick and has some fire in him.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
So you admit to basically never having seen him play? Outside of presumably his 3 NRL games where he was on the wing twice and fullback once where he was no worse than Moylan in most games this year.

If you saw him in the 9s and watched reserve grade even just a few times and saw the things he does off the ball you would see how valuable he is to a team defensively. No one is perfect obviously. But he reads the plays so much better than any of our other fullback options and does a terrific job at covering a lot of field.

Hes faster and stronger than Moylan. Has a high workrate and most importantly has great instincts. His attack is strong also. But its his defensive play that would be the huge upgrade for us.

Is he going to be the next Billy Slater? Unlikely. But he is the most complete fullback at the club. Moylan and DWZ have areas where they are better than him. But he just seems to be more of an all rounder with better instincts.

Yes, i saw him at the 9's. I also saw James Tamou look like a Dally M winner over there too. It means sweet FA. Reserve grade, again, means sweet fa in first grade.

But i am more than welcoming if he can show some decent promise in the NRL, i just havent seen anything to suggest that in the handful of games. He played 1 Vs Souths and i really did not see anything exciting when he was given his shot to shine.

betcats

Referee
Agree, he may well be good in time, but DWZ has great kick returns, can tackle, is quick and has some fire in him.

I would give DWZ first crack also but you seem to be underselling Edwards a fair bit. He ticks all the boxes you have mentioned plus more, he can ball play, he is the fittest at the club already, defensively reads the game better than Dallin and in his two or three FG games he has already shown he has the ability to come up with big defensive plays almost purely off the back of extra effort and a knack for being where he needs to be. Its not hard to see at all why in a lot of peoples eyes(including the clubs it seems) he has jumped Dallin in the pecking order.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
This is just silly imo. Fair enough re the nines but reserve grade form is a very good indication of a players ability to handle FG, especially a young player when its been consistently very good all year.

I'm very happy to be proved wrong, and i am very keen to see how Rein goes this week, given his current standings in Reggies.

betcats

Referee
I'm very happy to be proved wrong, and i am very keen to see how Rein goes this week, given his current standings in Reggies.

I am interested to see how Rein goes as well, I think he will do well tbh, we don't need much out if him, just keep it simple and make his tackles.

Latest posts