What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddie Fittler - Dumbest guy in the NRL?

Big Bloke

Juniors
Deadset this guy is an embarrassment to the game. Just so I could see Gal and Beale on the Footy Show I have to listen to this f'wit as well

First he has to ask the panel what the word penultimate means.

Then he starts telling Gal the Sharks can only win games if we niggle other teams. Gal told him nicely to f**k off.

And then the absolute classic. "Have you guys played the Raiders yet?"

No Freddy, we're at Round 26 playing the Storm in the last round, of course we haven't. Played them twice you goose.

Seriously, how does this muppet keep his job? What do people see in him?
No doubt he was a great player in his day but in front of the cameras the guy is a dickhead.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Agree with Meth and Bloke. Met him once and he seemed a little bit dim. But his sideline commentary is an incredible insight into the game, but you have to listen carefully to what he's saying. He makes a comment about a particular element of defence or attack that you need to pick apart a wee bit to get to the point. There are plenty of commentators that talk to avoid clear air in the broadcast when they really should have said nothing.

Generalzod

Immortal
Knows his footy though. Listening him is like listening to a drunk guy at the pub who really knows his shit.
True story Fitler was so paralytic he couldn't even give directions to his house so the taxi drive left him on the steps of the nearest police station.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
He basically said we are shit and we can't attack. f**k him. The roosters were all about the niggle last night for zero effect. Our shit attack put 37 unanswered on his lot. Gal should have asked him about his coaching career.

bluefox68

Staff member
100% agree - Cardy...
Walters, as far as I can tell, would have a very smart 'footy brain' and would be a good coach, but would be annoyingly pro-QLD.

Card Shark

Immortal
How about this for the classic commentary award from Gaz at the halftime break in the Warriors / Tigers game, after the Warriors were (technically correctly) denied a try via the bunker...

"That could potentially cost a team a grand final...or a competition"

bluefox68

Staff member
How about this for the classic commentary award from Gaz at the halftime break in the Warriors / Tigers game, after the Warriors were (technically correctly) denied a try via the bunker...

"That could potentially cost a team a grand final...or a competition"

Of course, when the Sharks are on the receiving end of a questionable call - "Correct decision from the bunker there..."

Frenzy.

Immortal
Walters actually said the 50/50s were going against the Sharks and on several occasions remarked how the Roosters got away with one there.

Do people only listen with one ear?

Deadset this guy is an embarrassment to the game. Just so I could see Gal and Beale on the Footy Show I have to listen to this f'wit as well

First he has to ask the panel what the word penultimate means.

Then he starts telling Gal the Sharks can only win games if we niggle other teams. Gal told him nicely to f**k off.

And then the absolute classic. "Have you guys played the Raiders yet?"

No Freddy, we're at Round 26 playing the Storm in the last round, of course we haven't. Played them twice you goose.

Seriously, how does this muppet keep his job? What do people see in him?
No doubt he was a great player in his day but in front of the cameras the guy is a dickhead.

Not the dumbest guy in the NRL.

Gordon " I think the Sharks are weird" Tallis wins hands down. How this guy gets any media work I do not know. Everything he says either makes no sense, is bullshit or way out of left field. He can't hide his bias much either you can read him like a book.

But you get the impression that if Fittler didn't turn out to be the talented footballer he was he would have been a bum.

Wendell Sailor on 2MMM should also get a mention the guy is annoying as f**k and so f**king in love with himself it's not funny.

I like MG on 2MMM but he is a dumb arse as well.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Not the dumbest guy in the NRL.

Gordon " I think the Sharks are weird" Tallis wins hands down. How this guy gets any media work I do not know. Everything he says either makes no sense, is bullshit or way out of left field. He can't hide his bias much either you can read him like a book.

But you get the impression that if Fittler didn't turn out to be the talented footballer he was he would have been a bum.

Wendell Sailor on 2MMM should also get a mention the guy is annoying as f**k and so f**king in love with himself it's not funny.

I like MG on 2MMM but he is a dumb arse as well.
If Gordy and Freddy were to have a dumb off I think it would be a draw after extra time....both absolutely faarrkked imo!

carinashark

First Grade
I just don't get it why there are so many dumb guys as comment go to's! Just the game caller and one other please.I just want to watch the game . I don't need Joey (weird and dumb) Freddy ( just looks and sounds bad), Wally ( past use by date), Gus I can live with but the game on TV needs someone like Matt Elliot from the ABC.

Arnold

Juniors
It's all deliberate.

With Tallis being the exception.

Merkin wouldn't know his ass from his elbow.

jc155776

Coach
You do realise these blokes are promised post media careers as part of salary deals (illegal but done) so there is no choice but to allow them to spruik dumb shut.

Walters is good to listen too when not a a Qld team involved.

Sailor is alright, takes the piss out of himself but gives some honest opinion especially about efforts being put in etc

Rhyno

First Grade
I love freddy and the way he told Gal some home truths instead of just kissing gal's ass like most reporters do