What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friendly: Brazil v Australia

What will be the result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Biffo

Bench
Finland drew with Spain back in March!

The thing that shitted me about the loss was that no-one seemed to give a damn. I don't know if Helger gave them orders not to press, but they just sat back, put shitloads of bodies in the box but didn't mark anyone! They let Brazil boss the midfield, then had 8 men back in their defensive third just floating in zones, Brazil just ran rings around them. When they did have the ball there was a couple of promising breaks, but a shit ball in each one of them just gave it straight back to Brazil, and if you're going to sit back your counter attacking has got to be spot on. Then the culprit of the shit ball would just throw the hands in the air and do a teapot and slowly jog back while someone in a yellow shirt blitzed past them and set up another chance.

Absolutely awful. I was going to go to France for the friendly, maybe I'll go for the Canada game instead to see a close contest!

Big Sam

First Grade
No go to the Parc des Princes Biffo - they're playing like busteds as well. Will be a closer contest.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Not a single shot on goal.

The dearth in young footballing talent in Australia is alarming.

Not one quality player.

Almost as bad as England!

Helmet Man

Juniors
It will take another generation to produce a World Class player. All this old blokes in the team are doing no good. If we can produce at least 3 top level footballers (preferably 1 striker and 2 mid fielders) then we will be more competitive.

Just wondering but why don't we have any African players in the national team yet? There is a growing African community in Sydney and i know a lot of outstanding young African footballers playing around in the Cantebury region. African people are naturally more athletic and have more pace about them, something Australia need.

White Australians just don't possess the technical ability to play competitive soccer. It is the truth. Australia have to tap into ethnic groups such as Italians, Spanish and Africans. These ethnic groups are naturally adept to playing top level soccer.

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with ethnicity when it comes down to technical ability and everything to do with grass roots infrastructure.

You don't just possess amazing technical ability because you're born in Amsterdam you get taught it at the Ajax academy.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Holger's tactics were sickening negative. He tried to play a containment game and still lost 6-0. What the hell would the result have been if we hadn't been so intent on defending at all costs?

Truth? The negative way we play does not suit our players. We're never going to be a nation of gutsy defenders. That's evident from the fact our defensive stocks are paper thin.

Osieck needs to go. This kind of result - even in a friendly - is f**king embarassing when you consider we were close to full strength.

Munky

Coach
We are going to be the 2014 equivalent of Saudi Arabia at the 2002 world cup.

A team that made it to the second round 8 years earlier and still relying on those players.

We will probably get pumped 8-0 in our opening game.

Not a single shot on goal.

Not one quality player.

Almost as bad as England!

I was going to bring this up. Could it be that with our cultural ties to England we have the same flawed development paths for juniors?

When I was playing as a kid all the coaches I had were of an English background and then playing as an adult I heard a lot of English accents on the side line from the coaches of opposition teams or players on other teams from my club.

That said my local area has 92% English speaking origin according to the Myschool website and it would have been higher when I was a kid so my personal experience could be skewed.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tommy Smith said:

Not one quality player.

I agree that our playing stocks are at a low, but 'not one good player'? Rogic, Oar, Holland etc are all decent to good.

Big Sam

First Grade
I was going to bring this up. Could it be that with our cultural ties to England we have the same flawed development paths for juniors?

No. I've done an FFA coaching course and they certainly don't teach hoof and hope.

The 1 shot on goal came about from having 33% possession.

I agree that our playing stocks are at a low, but 'not one good player'? Rogic, Oar, Holland etc are all decent to good.

Correct. Throw in Ryan and Kruse too.

The Cricket Australia selectors and Holger should swap positions. Both National Teams would be better off...

Latest posts