What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullback of the decade?

Fullback of the decade?

• Billy Slater

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Anthony Minichiello

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
Another one not mentioned at all I think was Clinton Schifcofske. Unlucky not to play more origin games than he did. Very underated player.

Agreed. He was a lot better than Patten & Hodgson who are being mentioned in this thread for some f*cked up reason.

"keep in touch"

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Schifcoske belongs in this debate, unfortunately he played in a time where there were excellent fullbacks plentiful for QLD.

Western_Eel

Juniors
You cant vote for lockyer from the past 10 years when he only played 3 years, and hes not even playing good football now he should be removed from the list, slater for me,

Mr Saab

Referee
You cant vote for lockyer from the past 10 years when he only played 3 years, and hes not even playing good football now he should be removed from the list, slater for me,

2000/1/2/3 = 4 years
No fullback this decade has played every year of the decade.
No player this decade has been great every year....they all have their down time.....you are a goose.

Shorty

Staff member
Lockyer by far.
And the distant second, well I feared Minichiello far more than Slater.
Slater, while dangerous, has f**k ups and I'm expecting one in my mind when he's playing against my team.

Minichiello was slipperly and broke almost always the first tackle, it's a shame he got injured because there's no comparrison imo.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Stephen Gordon.

And :lol: to even COMPARING Fittler and Lockyer. What a joke. Lockyer isn't the spit dribbling out of Fittler's mouth in comparison.

Bigfella

Coach
This thread has pretty much degenerated into "which club do you go for" now.

I'll never get that 5 minutes back.

Bulldog Force

Referee
How can you not have one of the most consistent Fullbacks on there is beyond me. People may think I'm being biased, but Luke Patten has played for the Bulldogs loyally since 2001 and has not missed many matches. He's scored many tries, saved too many to mention, comes in and support his team playing like an extra five-eighth in attack when need be, and does not command high money, not to mention being the type of player who improves with age. His form in 2006 and 2007 gifted him the club man of the year for those 2 consecutive years.

Billy Slater - has played 1 world cup for Australia and made a mistake that cost Australia - DEARLY!

Darren Lockyer - Can barely be considered fullback of this decade seeing as he's only played FB in this decade from 2000-2003 (2004 he switched to five-eighth).

Anthony Minichiello - Originally a wing, and has spent the bulk of the last 4 seasons on the sideline.

user_nat

Coach
Stephen Gordon.

And :lol: to even COMPARING Fittler and Lockyer. What a joke. Lockyer isn't the spit dribbling out of Fittler's mouth in comparison.

Well, his definitely a better fullback. Which is what this thread is about.

And an equally great 5/8 IMO.

watatank

Coach
How can you not have one of the most consistent Fullbacks on there is beyond me. People may think I'm being biased, but Luke Patten has played for the Bulldogs loyally since 2001 and has not missed many matches. He's scored many tries, saved too many to mention, comes in and support his team playing like an extra five-eighth in attack when need be, and does not command high money, not to mention being the type of player who improves with age. His form in 2006 and 2007 gifted him the club man of the year for those 2 consecutive years.

Billy Slater - has played 1 world cup for Australia and made a mistake that cost Australia - DEARLY!

Darren Lockyer - Can barely be considered fullback of this decade seeing as he's only played FB in this decade from 2000-2003 (2004 he switched to five-eighth).

Anthony Minichiello - Originally a wing, and has spent the bulk of the last 4 seasons on the sideline.

Luke Patten- Has never played for NSW or Australia.

watatank

Coach
Have NSW selectors ever been good at their job?

Does it matter? At least six fullbacks have played fullback for NSW this decade alone and Patten has not even played one match. I've been a fan of Patten since his Steelers days but we're talking about the best fullback of the decade here. A player cannot be considered the best unless they make representative sides.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Does it matter? At least six fullbacks have played fullback for NSW this decade alone and Patten has not even played one match. I've been a fan of Patten since his Steelers days but we're talking about the best fullback of the decade here. A player cannot be considered the best unless they make representative sides.
Again, have NSW selectors ever been good at their job? FFS they've used Kurt Gidley and MARK HUGHES at Fullback!

Latest posts