What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Agreed.
And I think the new Western Sydney Stadium has nailed that.

32493921564_2c3b755a90_o.jpg

What grabs me about that picture is the heavy emphasis on corporate viewing. I’m genuinely surprised there’s that many boxes tbh, be interesting to see if Parra & WSW can fill them. I know at AAMI in Melbourne there’s often many corporate boxes empty. To me they have more of a place at the major stadiums.

Obviously the stand angles are great too.

Suitman

Post Whore
What grabs me about that picture is the heavy emphasis on corporate viewing. I’m genuinely surprised there’s that many boxes tbh, be interesting to see if Parra & WSW can fill them. I know at AAMI in Melbourne there’s often many corporate boxes empty. To me they have more of a place at the major stadiums.

Yeh, good point.
The western side of the new stadium is clearly almost completely the corporate side and I couldn't agree more. It seems to be overkill for corporate boxes for a suburban stadium that will host just two rigid tenants. I can see the Eels possibly selling most of them, but not the WSW's......yet. Maybe both clubs will surprise me and sell them all out.

And yes, I've seen in person the structural steel going up at the south end currently and the stands will indeed be steep, providing great viewing angles.

axl rose

Bench
Parra will probably sell out their season tickets if the stadium is anything like that concept art. Had 24000 odd members last year anyway.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra will probably sell out their season tickets if the stadium is anything like that concept art. Had 24000 odd members last year anyway.

24000 members doesn't translate to 24000 attendance.
Normally it translates to about 75% take up rate. Sometimes even less.
The first season will certainly see a spike in attendances for both the Eels and Wanderers due to the curiosity and excitement factor.
After that, it will level out for both clubs to their respective fan bases, depending on results.

ground zero

Juniors
maybe they should leave alliance as it is as roosters have no fans anyhow. an leave anz as it is for big events.an just build a 40,000 seat stadium in the heartland off sydney. for the mighty dragons.

Danish

Referee

Placing all those boxes in the western stand forces the majority of regular fans to flock to the eastern stand and the ends, which will be the ones shown no TV.

So its a clever way to make the place always appear full to home viewers IMO

GAZF

First Grade
Yeh, good point.
The western side of the new stadium is clearly almost completely the corporate side and I couldn't agree more. It seems to be overkill for corporate boxes for a suburban stadium that will host just two rigid tenants. I can see the Eels possibly selling most of them, but not the WSW's......yet. Maybe both clubs will surprise me and sell them all out.
Could be in anticipation of the expansion of corporate offices in Parra?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Or $1.6B for MetLife, or $1.5B for MB in Atlanta, 1.2B for Jerry world, or $1.3 for Levis, $1.1B for US Bank. US construction costs are a joke!!!!!!

Not all places are built equal.

I was fortunate enough to attend a NFL game at Atlanta's shiny new Mercedes Benz stadium last month...

Best stadium I have ever been in... Also located right in the CBD as well..

US$1.5Bil though.... doesn't come cheap.

Placing all those boxes in the western stand forces the majority of regular fans to flock to the eastern stand and the ends, which will be the ones shown no TV.

So its a clever way to make the place always appear full to home viewers IMO

Fair point, are we sure it’s the western stand though? Hard to tell but I presume it probably is.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors

With parra playing good footy, memberships rising and add a new stadium in 2 years, future definitey looks bright. The opening of the stadium could cause membership chaos. Having a membership sold out sign in the first year would be interesting.

I can see it already they will blow the budget on Allianz and ANZ won’t have a thing done to it....

The bigger concern is the 2019 election.

If labor win they could decide to scrap the ANZ plan to save money.

Ayres is likely pushing Allianz first because he knows labor would be very likely to cut that. But labor could see it as a victory to cut any spending if they win govt.

Latest posts