What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Billythekid

First Grade
Does this investment mean people in Sydney will get off their sofas and actually go to games in decent numbers?

Shame the GF isn’t going to Suncorp, would have been good to see sold out signs for a change

In the short term I've got no doubt that the excitement around new stadiums will see a jump in crowds, especially for the big matches. Long terms it's hard to tell. It depends how much the NRL capitalises on the hype around the stadiums.

I think even worse case scenario will see a boost to crowds. The club mode for Allianz should help the atmosphere for smaller matches immensely and ANZ finally being rectangular should make a big difference as well.

Likewise I think Parra stadium will see very strong crowds.

_snafu_

Immortal
http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2017/11/24/roosters_applaud_sta.html

In a world first, the new Stadium will operate in two modes – ‘Club Mode’ with a 30,000 capacity and ‘Championship Mode’ which will open the stadium to a 45,000 capacity.

1511479526898.jpg;pva5519fc353570e03

I’m disappointed that they didn’t incorporate a “Roosters home game” mode which has a maximum capacity of 2,000.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It is the Broncos strangling RL. We can't have a Brisbane GF while there is only one Brisbane team. That would just be stupid.

The Broncos may not even be involved at all so how is that a valid point? Brisbane literally have a 2 in 16 chance of even being there

The Broncos may not even be involved at all so how is that a valid point? Brisbane literally have a 2 in 16 chance of even being there

Wider point though is that the Broncos have campaigned against a second Brisbane team, hurting the growth of the sport.

Most Sydney fans I’ve talked to think it’s a no brainer Brisbane should have another team.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I don’t have too much of a problem with the outcome. While I would of preferred having the 2020 gf at the football coliseum, rugby league heartland, that is suncorp stadium, having $2.3 spent on stadia is pretty good.

What I’m more interested in is the amount of compensation that the Nrl accepted in return for Allianz being built first and having the gf at scg (2020)/Allianz (2021,2022) and increasing the gf from 20 to 25yrs. I would expect to see more good news coming about other discounts/funding. It would be a opportunity wasted if the Nrl didn’t get anything else.

From a qlders POV it sucks but nsw probably needs some good news.

Poor decision not to go to Suncorp for a few years.

But as Broncos fans say when they sign another superstar on 50k cause they wanna play for old creepy: "I cannot wait to see the butthurt on here"...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Does this investment mean people in Sydney will get off their sofas and actually go to games in decent numbers?

Shame the GF isn’t going to Suncorp, would have been good to see sold out signs for a change
Cumberland Tosser can't wait to watch the opening from his couch at home and then whinge about the crowd

Diesel

Referee
Otherwise known as 1/8th.

With their Andrew Gee type payments there’s no reason they shouldn’t be there every year.

Latest posts