What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future of Nathan Cleary

Will Nathan Leave?

• Total voters

forby

Juniors
I just watched a reply of the show and neither really said anything different to what we already knew - one day they'd like to work together. Didn't say Nathan wanted to be coached by his Dad. The panel tried to make more out of it but really there was more joking around than anything serious.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I just watched a reply of the show and neither really said anything different to what we already knew - one day they'd like to work together. Didn't say Nathan wanted to be coached by his Dad. The panel tried to make more out of it but really there was more joking around than anything serious.
I think the awkwardness mentioned above was more along the lines of not the sh#t again. I think he will stay for another contract. He is moving out of home this year and getting his independence so I highly doubt he will want to see his father every day. Plus playing along side some mates will be a benifit especially being young. When he matures and becomes a seasoned pro that's when he will wander off on think.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think the awkwardness mentioned above was more along the lines of not the sh#t again. I think he will stay for another contract. He is moving out of home this year and getting his independence so I highly doubt he will want to see his father every day. Plus playing along side some mates will be a benifit especially being young. When he matures and becomes a seasoned pro that's when he will wander off on think.

I tend to agree. I get the feeling that Nathan *in particular is getting mighty sick of this, every time he talks on the footy shows. I sense that Dad is very keen, Nathan not so. Like many kids he wants to create his own mark on the world.

GongPanther

Referee
I tend to agree. I get the feeling that Nathan *in particular is getting mighty sick of this, every time he talks on the footy shows. I sense that Dad is very keen, Nathan not so. Like many kids he wants to create his own mark on the world.

Good point. There is one thing to promote your club,and having your players on idiotic shows can be fun. But when the novelty of answering the same bland qustions becomes tiresome,it's best to get Merrin (and his side kick RGC) on there doing his non-funny Bore-at impersonation. :)

OldPanther

Coach
Good point. There is one thing to promote your club,and having your players on idiotic shows can be fun. But when the novelty of answering the same bland qustions becomes tiresome,it's best to get Merrin (and his side kick RGC) on there doing his non-funny Bore-at impersonation. :)

That must drive them crazy. I can't stand when my kid keeps asking the same question but at least she moves on after 2 or 3. The media go and go and go.

Spoken about yet again on The Matty Johns Show.

Our best bet now is to push the angle of, is Nathan a bitch and a daddy's boy. Get on it Gus do something useful in the media for once you prick

mxlegend99

Referee
Spoken about yet again on The Matty Johns Show.

Our best bet now is to push the angle of, is Nathan a bitch and a daddy's boy. Get on it Gus do something useful in the media for once you prick
I dont think that angle is good for US to be pushing.

Gould has already flung enough shit that could come back to bite us.

I dont think that angle is good for US to be pushing.

Gould has already flung enough shit that could come back to bite us.
Not publicly. Call in a few favours Gus, actually use your media connections for something useful

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

This and asking him about Origin is all he is ever asked. Coach and assistant coach. Co commentators there is nothing saying it will be player and coach

Blues Riff

Bench
So, Nathan hasn't been thinking about contracts etc, just wanted to concentrate on his footy. Now with some his old crew coming into first grade and a bit of time on his hands, it might be time to get it sorted.
Good to see him travelling with the squad. Good club man.

Vicpanther

Juniors
So, Nathan hasn't been thinking about contracts etc, just wanted to concentrate on his footy. Now with some his old crew coming into first grade and a bit of time on his hands, it might be time to get it sorted.
Good to see him travelling with the squad. Good club man.
I will be surprised if he does leave. I honestly think we will get at least 1 more contract out of him.

Latest posts