What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs SJ's Warriors

Chimp

Bench
To be honest, I don't know if the reserves are ready yet. Hazelton may be the oldest of the props coming through but something or someone must be holding him back. All the talk about how good he is revolves around his attack but we're not seeing anything of Newtown on the box this year to judge his D. The other bigger guys are kids except for that new guy Tuku Hau Tapuha and he has next to know NRL experience. I think the cupboard is pretty bare to be frank. They could open the wallet and buy someone but it will be some journeyman as no one fitting the bill meets the criteria.

Perhaps we should have a look at the UK.
What we have seen of Hazleton, he doesn’t look a defensive liability, surely he can add more than having a un-used sub.

Frenzy.

Immortal
What we have seen of Hazleton, he doesn’t look a defensive liability, surely he can add more than having a un-used sub.
Possibly, but, he's only ever had 10-15 minutes in the NRL. He's gotta get a go at sometime though but I'd be surprised if he makes a significant difference intially. He'll need time, even to be a regualr NRL benchie.

However, if it means ditching McDrop I'm all for it.

Chimp

Bench
Possibly, but, he's only ever had 10-15 minutes in the NRL. He's gotta get a go at sometime though but I'd be surprised if he makes a significant difference intially. He'll need time, even to be a regualr NRL benchie.

However, if it means ditching McDrop I'm all for it.
Exactly that - he’s gonna need to play at some point anyway. Today was a great opportunity to give him some game time with OK out, and playing a team who we should be comfortable against.
Tricky starts instead of Moylan or isn’t in the team for me. Or, play Tricky and drop McInnes, but I’d have gone with McInnes in the team in fairness.
I hate having an unused benchie.

roboshark

Coach
To be honest, I don't know if the reserves are ready yet. Hazelton may be the oldest of the props coming through but something or someone must be holding him back. All the talk about how good he is revolves around his attack but we're not seeing anything of Newtown on the box this year to judge his D. The other bigger guys are kids except for that new guy Tuku Hau Tapuha and he has next to know NRL experience. I think the cupboard is pretty bare to be frank. They could open the wallet and buy someone but it will be some journeyman as no one fitting the bill meets the criteria.

Perhaps we should have a look at the UK.
Everyone knew at they start of the season we didn't have enough quality in the forewards and the club did nothing about it. We get found out every week. And we haven't even played what I call a top team yet

That's the thing, love to see a few players dropped but i look at what would be replacing them and it doesn't fill me with confidence. It's all a bit like for like

Everyone knew at they start of the season we didn't have enough quality in the forewards and the club did nothing about it. We get found out every week. And we haven't even played what I call a top team yet
Oregon Kaufusi looks like an absolute plodder to me

Frenzy.

Immortal
Exactly that - he’s gonna need to play at some point anyway. Today was a great opportunity to give him some game time with OK out, and playing a team who we should be comfortable against.
Tricky starts instead of Moylan or isn’t in the team for me. Or, play Tricky and drop McInnes, but I’d have gone with McInnes in the team in fairness.
I hate having an unused benchie.
You know what? I was never that comfortable with this game. The Warriors form has been good. They are a different side in 2023. Can't be bothered analysing why but they are. They are 4/1 now and the Roosters got lucky against them.

Perhaps Fitz should take note of how Curran was used. He made a big difference in the last 15 minutes and got the equalising try through some horrible defence.

Latest posts