What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Tigerpies

wibble

Bench
Disagree. If their attitude stunk they would of lost. They are simply re defining themselves.

They will be scary good when it all gels.

It is execution that stinks. They are still defending really well, even when we lost it wasn't by much, and we could have won all those games. Defense kept us in them. That shows a good attitude.

There is some nark developing, and Graham was quite dismayed after the game, so I guess they are feeling the pressure, and in that regard their attitude is off, as last year they just went out and played, like they were never under pressure. But certainly they are trying.

In same cases too hard. Lost the ball 2 or 3 times in the play the ball, throwing it to the opposition after defending two sets and getting it back. Trying to be too fancy.

Our best set all game led to Townsend's try. The try itself was "over fancy", but we finally earned the right by running hard and sensibly. We just need more of that.

I'm sure they know it.

I agree, when they gel, with the defense at a good to great standard each week even under pressure from poor completions, we will be fantastic. Hope it happens soon!

McLovin

Staff member
I'll take the 2...

We lost the penalty count 7-2 and completed about 50% of our sets. Shithouse but somehow we are undefeated away from home and sit 3rd on the ladder...

Weaponhead

Coach
The high error rate and high penalties conceded are due to poor discipline. The defence is solid enough which is a positive for a tough attitude but lack of discipline is making it much harder.

No doubting this team can be scary good but they need to sort out some fundamentals.

roboshark

Coach
It is execution that stinks. They are still defending really well, even when we lost it wasn't by much, and we could have won all those games. Defense kept us in them. That shows a good attitude.

There is some nark developing, and Graham was quite dismayed after the game, so I guess they are feeling the pressure, and in that regard their attitude is off, as last year they just went out and played, like they were never under pressure. But certainly they are trying.

In same cases too hard. Lost the ball 2 or 3 times in the play the ball, throwing it to the opposition after defending two sets and getting it back. Trying to be too fancy.

Our best set all game led to Townsend's try. The try itself was "over fancy", but we finally earned the right by running hard and sensibly. We just need more of that.

I'm sure they know it.

I agree, when they gel, with the defense at a good to great standard each week even under pressure from poor completions, we will be fantastic. Hope it happens soon!

Hope it happens in a fortnight against those pretenders..bring them back to earth

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah can't do worse than 4th this week. Have some time off and come back stronger before the rep games come along and f**k with us.

carinashark

First Grade
Ok , I need to see 'scary good' next game. Feeling sorta jittery after watching the game on Fox, every time I blinked there was a penalty for something.

shaggs

Coach
58% completions 18/31
48% possession
7-2 penalty count against

Still won. Still scored 4 tries.

Must be something right in there. Ad frenzy said, clean it up and get it gelled.

15 more games for the year.
12 points plus 4 for the byes.

Win 10 of the 15 and we end up on 36.

Good enough for me, good enough for a top 4 and then we play properly and win the competition again. Simples

Card Shark

Immortal
2 things:
We lose if Tedesco plays the 2nd half;
Maloney needs to be charged....he's going high way to much.

Quigs

Immortal
Still a lazy big shit. It took me a while to realise he was on the deck. I saw a lot of heavy D in the first 20 minutes. I didn't see Wrecks munch.

The hitups - what hit ups.

Windy70

Juniors
She's still a bit of a fixer upper. Get the tools out Flanno.

Win, pretty or not but still sooo much to get out of our game and back in to our game.

wibble

Bench
58% completions 18/31
48% possession
7-2 penalty count against

Still won. Still scored 4 tries.

Must be something right in there. Ad frenzy said, clean it up and get it gelled.

15 more games for the year.
12 points plus 4 for the byes.

Win 10 of the 15 and we end up on 36.

Good enough for me, good enough for a top 4 and then we play properly and win the competition again. Simples

Bombed 2 or 3 tries too.

But that is part of the "execution stinks" thing.

As it was, it was 4 tries to 2, and we bombed a few, but those errors and penalties kept the game close on the score board.

10% better execution and we win 30-10. But we snuck home.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Flanno only used 16 players last night no Paulo.

Also Capewell was direct swap for TREX.

Bench rotation was completely different then normal

Latest posts