What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games in closed stadia after R1 - considerations

President Trump

Juniors
I assume that we are paying Georges River Council something to rent Jubilee Oval and we will now be incurring that expenditure without having any gate or F&B revenue to offset against. Questions:

1) Can we renegotiate the fees down with the council - unlikely unless it triggers a force majeure clause. But ultimately we need to play somewhere and without crowds nobody will be offering incentives to host games, so not much bargaining power.

2) Does the club have business continuity / income protection insurance to kick in to deal with situations like this?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well of all teams, we are the most prepared, our ground is already closed, we were preparing for poor crowds, lower member numbers.

Every other club will be hit harder, the NRL.

They can keep my membership money, this is not poor management, I am not punishing them.

Season tickets portion yes.

Generalzod

Immortal
My daughter is right listening to fox sport Neanderthal not one person is concerned about Xerri their all concerned about the game...

King Ben

Juniors
The NRL have pledged to assist all clubs with an emergency fund to cover costs due to no crowds / lost revenue / stadium rental etc.

Inferno

Coach
If there's not going to be any crowds why not play all the games at the same stadium to cut down on broadcasting costs?

wibble

Bench
If there's not going to be any crowds why not play all the games at the same stadium to cut down on broadcasting costs?

The fox commentators suggested that was being considered.

I guess comparative travel time is still a home advantage teams might want to keep.

blue bags

First Grade
play nrl at sharks park now , what about the contracts of both sides, the sharks club contracts to move to kogarah, and then the builders , insurance, renovators contracts at shark park, then you got to worry about tv crews . it would be a mess