What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General World Cup Chat

Big Sam

First Grade
Started already...

BsDP1NlCQAAu9ho.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Good, a team with players who dismiss their own family name, deserves a reality check.

Yeah there is only one Fred, wankers. sucked in.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Interesting stat from todays game.

Germany scored 7 and conceded 1, yet in the entire group stage, they scored 7 and conceded 2.

Danish

Referee
If you were up against this German team going into the final, you wouldn't be even slightly nervous?

Pretty sure plenty were making the same claims before the Spain vs Germany quarter at the last world cup when they thrashed Argentina 4-0. Didn't work out too well for Germany then so not guaranteed to work out now either.

Hoping the dutch take it out now just so a team that hasn't won already takes it out.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Pretty sure plenty were making the same claims before the Spain vs Germany quarter at the last world cup when they thrashed Argentina 4-0. Didn't work out too well for Germany then so not guaranteed to work out now either.

Hoping the dutch take it out now just so a team that hasn't won already takes it out.
I would have wanted the same thing, however I hate Robben and RVP, and I also hated their change of goal keeper prior to penalties against CR... while CR had to have their fatigued goalie take it (sure it was within the rules, but seriously that was a pathetic stunt to pull), and also that their players admit to diving. Argentina vs Germany - loved both teams when I was young, but I'll probably go with Argentina if they make the final.

ggmu

Juniors
Pathetic stunt? Lol if Costa Rica were worried about a fatigued keeper they should have kept a sub spare to do it. We could go the other was and say Holland were at a disadvantage cause they used 1 less sub during the game. I've heard some stupid things but saying that a Keeper change was a pathetic stunt just about takes the cake.

Danish

Referee
I would have wanted the same thing, however I hate Robben and RVP, and I also hated their change of goal keeper prior to penalties against CR... while CR had to have their fatigued goalie take it (sure it was within the rules, but seriously that was a pathetic stunt to pull), and also that their players admit to diving. Argentina vs Germany - loved both teams when I was young, but I'll probably go with Argentina if they make the final.

I wouldn't call it a pathetic stunt at all. Its perfectly within their rights to do.

I wouldn't even call it a master stroke, either though. It was just a random thing which happened to pay off (maybe... we can't exactly know if the result would have remained the same if Krul wasn't brought on). Personally I would never do it as I think the keeper who played the game deserves the chance to be the hero.

As to diving.... to say that you are against a single nation because their players dive is laughable. Diving is basically a time honoured tradition in football to the point that most fans of the sport have been brainwashed into changing their interpretation of what a dive is. They are committed by all sides, in all games. Sure Robben is worse at it than most, but he is hardly alone FFS.

I'll agree on going with Argentina though if they do knock out the dutch. Mostly just to see just how angry Brazil will get :lol:

saint.nick

Coach
Mate I don't think he's been in here for the whole WC. I wonder if he's actually German or just massive Germany fan boy like my two Indian and Chinese mates...

Latest posts