What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genuine contenders 2014?

POPEYE

Coach
We have some interesting contenders on paper, imagination will make a great season

No injuries, no rep burnout, no brainsnaps, no pink f**kups on paper . . . pity that talent alone can't decide the outcome

Dufmack

Juniors
Not taking the piss, but I reckon parra have a good shot.

So many strong juniors and a good new coach are a good start. Not to mention hopoate who pushed manly up the ladder last time he played. Mossop is a gun and should solve our fowards problems. Sandow is cleaning up his act so that should boost our halves to combine the strength of our backs and forwards. I would say we have a good shot at taking out the premiership or at least a top 4 finish.

firechild

First Grade

So many strong juniors and a good new coach are a good start. Not to mention hopoate who pushed manly up the ladder last time he played. Mossop is a gun and should solve our fowards problems. Sandow is cleaning up his act so that should boost our halves to combine the strength of our backs and forwards. I would say we have a good shot at taking out the premiership or at least a top 4 finish.

You have me convinced. I now think Parra could finish 13-15th in 2014.

soc123_au

Staff member

I love your optimism, unrealistic as it may be. Although Parra this year is about where Penrith were in Febuary 2003.

Someone

Bench
im removing the rabbits from my list of contenders now Burgess is gone. he is a big loss.

bellyache

Bench
Souths will be right up there and I'm making them my pick

This will be Burgess's shot for an NRL title before he switches to Rugby Union - also their half back has gained far more experience.

They've lost some quality players, but they've been that close that a bit more luck is all they need

With my talent for consistantly putting my foot in my mouth that means Parra will be champions!
Souths have a few big ifs.. Kreary/Reynolds combo, No GI not contenders, backs depth is thin and average @ best, Burgess RU disruptions, sign Fergo mid-season and look out? A lot will have to go their way..

slipperykinchela

First Grade

You might not be taking the piss but surely you have been drinking truck loads of it?Parra will run 14th at best.

mongoose

Coach
The usual Storm, Manly, Roosters and Souths should be right up there again. I think if any of those sides are going to drop it will be Manly but any side with Cherry Evans and Foran in the halves is a chance.

I would say the Knights and Sharks would be top 8 certainties if it wasn't for the horror off season they had. Wouldn't surprise me if they both finished bottom 4.

Panthers should make the 8 this year and a smokey for top 4, have been building up nicely over the last couple of seasons.

Titans and Raiders are a good chance of top 8.

bellyache

Bench
Well ladies, Sticky's got 1 over Bellyache. Tiges went the growl on the Panfers and Cows got over the donkey{look forward to seeing the offspring].. Knights win over goanna's was predictable..

perverse

Referee
The usual Storm, Manly, Roosters and Souths should be right up there again. I think if any of those sides are going to drop it will be Manly but any side with Cherry Evans and Foran in the halves is a chance.

I would say the Knights and Sharks would be top 8 certainties if it wasn't for the horror off season they had. Wouldn't surprise me if they both finished bottom 4.

Panthers should make the 8 this year and a smokey for top 4, have been building up nicely over the last couple of seasons.

Titans and Raiders are a good chance of top 8.

Do you honestly feel that a bloke getting done DUI, a bloke they've barely met going to jail, and a guy they don't even play with defending an assault charge will rattle the Knights one iota?

You really believe that? Would it rattle you for a year if the same happened at your workplace? Horror off season... lol, only 1 guy who had any real dramas over the off season is even playing for us this year, and it's Willie f**king Mason... who I can't imagine giving 2 shits. It's not like the grim spectre of ASADA is hovering over the team or anything. I dint think anyone at the Knights will accept anything that has happened in our off season as an excuse

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
I'd be less worried about the actual incidents disrupting the side than the culture within the team which the incidents potentially exposes. You just don't see the successful sides popping up in the news being dickheads. Its not a co-incidence.

Personally I think the Knights should be first cab off the rank for top 4 when one of last years four inevitably underperforms but a lot of incidents isn't a great sign.